Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smize Guest

How long has Carnival owned Princess?

I learned recently that Carnival bought Princess a few years ago. Did this change anything about Princess and the quaility of the cruise?

Snowblower Guest

Re: How long has Carnival owned Princess?

Carnival Corporation acquired Princess in April, 2003. They also own Carnival, Holland America, Cunard, Windstar, Costa, P&O, Seabourn and a couple of others I can't remember. I have sailed Princess before and after they were acquired and it seems they haven't made any major changes with how they operate or had a drop in quality since the purchase.

CaribbeanSun Guest

I believe there has been a change in quality in the last couple of years with Princess -- I believe it is due to the industry changing and not being acquired by Carnival Corporation. Since 9-11, the cruising industry was forced to change to stay profitable.

Snowblower is correct in the date of April 2003 and that Carnival Corp owns many cruise lines.

Lisa Guest

Also, Carnival TECHNICALLY does not own Princess.....they are a dual listed company on the stock excahnges, but essentially they are part of the Carnival "family" of companies. It would take someone with a degree in business and economics to explain the situation fully.

Cricket Guest

I have been on Carnival quite a few times but not on the Princess line.Would I be considered a return passenger on the Princess since it is owned by Carnival?

nieciez Guest

To answer your question Cricket, I was told no as the keep the lines seperate. I may have been told the wrong thing though.

Snowblower Guest

Cricket,
    Might just want to call both Carnival and Princess to find out. I have heard conflicting information both ways. The last it was discussed was with Princess personnel onboard a cruise over a year ago. We were told that any Holland America & Carnival cruise would count in captain's circle just like any Princess cruise. We would receive the benefits offered from the other cruise lines as if they were Princess and cruised multiple times with them. I have never bothered to follow up with customer services about this issue because we are not planning on cruising with Holland America or Carnival in the near future.

FYI, there is an entire thread on this Princess BB about Carnival, Princess and the Carnival Corporation. Carnival and the Carnival Corporation are two separate entities. Carnival Corporation owns Carnival and Princess (along with many others). The Carnival Corporation keeps the cruise entities separate from another.

kruznut Guest

:wave We have cruised on Princess both before and after and have noticed no change or decline in quality of service. It is my understanding that each line under the umbrella of Carnival Corp. has been allowed to keep their own individuality. =bigwave =bigwave =bigwave

Cruise cutie Guest

I'm with Helen on the quality..we have cruised with Princess both before and after the Carnival acquisition and noticed no change in how wonderful the entire cruise was...JMHO =twocents.....:)..Joanne

Cricket Guest

Thanks for the info. I will check the thread.