Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kokosmo Guest

Top Three excursion/Places to Visit in Alaska ??

I would like to know the top 3 excursions/places to visit while Alaska. Thanks, KOKOSMO

Yukon Guest

Re: Top Three excursion/Places to Visit in Alaska ??

It depends on what you're interested in - "best" for me may very well not be best for you. Mine are anything that includes a flight, the WP&YR railway at Skagway, and whale watching at Hoonah (Icy Strait Point) or Juneau.

Murray

H2O babe Guest

We enjoyed the drive to Emerald Lake out of Skagway. We enjoyed the helicopter/glacier trek we did in Juneau. We enjoyed the whale watch in Juneau. We enjoyed the float plane to the Misty Fjords in Ketchikan. In other words..........I can't really say what my top 3 would be --- we are going back again and this time have added a week pre-cruise so we can explore interior Alaska. We're headed to Seward and Homer and may also get up to Denali.

K.

pj103 Guest

We just returned from Inside Passage on the Star Princess. All of our excursions were great, but the best by far was Skagway on the White Pass & Yukon Railway. No one should miss this excursion.

Nepean01 Guest

PJ, did you do the train in both directions or bus and train combo?

jmafor20 Guest

CarrieNAustin Guest

I just got back from a 7 day cruise on NCL's Pearl and the number one thing I did was the Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour in Ketchikan. Totally cool experience! The fishermen, the sealife and the bald eagles made this a once in a lifetime experience.

Number two was this little restaurant in Skagway called Starfire....found some of the best Thai food I have ever tasted! After several days of decent, but bland, ship food, StarFire was a revalation!

You should also definitley go whale watching at some point during your cruise...we saw a mother and a calf fully breaching along with sea lions and orcas...also very cool!

Bring a rain jacket and dress in layers and most of all...enjoy!

pj103 Guest

Train in both directions. I don't remeber seeing anyother option when I book my excursions.

usmanrocks Guest

I like Skagway.

booksmadebymedotcom Guest

My husband and I are considering this exact excursion. Can you tell me the pros and cons of it? Its a bit higher than we wanted to pay for 1 excursion but I am trying to justify the cost! you can email me at well at booksmadebyme@yahoo.com