Close
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4144454649 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

Chats

HAL Re: The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

Lookiing for tourism info on Vancouver, I found about the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival - VCBF.CA | VCBF.CA. This year, it's from April 5th through 28th. I imagine that next year will be just about the same time frame. It appears that there are a lot of activities, so we should have a pretty good selection ...

Chats

Re: The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

I had no idea they had a cherry blossom festival! Vancouver is a fun town. We enjoyed our day there years ago on a cruise. Friends drove up from the states and joined us for the day. Lovely place.

Chats

So have you all given up on this thread? Mama Duck would be so disappointed!

Looking for a good read before you sail?? Assuming that you have already read James Michener's Hawaii (an absolute must) I highly recommend Alan Brennert's wonderful novel Moloka'i. It is the story of a 7 year old girl that is sent to Kalaupapa with the dreaded leprosy. The story of her journey is captivating and powerful. You won't be sorry to pick up this book.....it is also available on Kindle so I assume for other e-readers as well.

Chats

Hi Beryl, I can't speak for others, but for me at least, it's a bit depressing coming to this thread right now. But it does need to be revived. WWMDD? She would tell us to get off our feathery butts and keep it going. I'm glad you posted those books. I should check out what's available for my nook! Thanks.

Chats

Bertl, You are right! But the air sure has gone out of the balloon here. It's affecting this cruise, and the Alaska cruise this July.

C

Cruise to the Antarctic with the family. January 11 thru January 30, 2015

Chats

Charles I'm sure that it is very difficult to carry on with Mary Ann gone. She was truly the heart and soul of the Duck Cruises. She provided so many little extras and had everything so well planned, that with her gone, I can see where it just wouldn't be the same. I'm sure that it will be a great cruise; it just won't be Mary Ann's Duck Cruise.

Chats

Sage, it wasn't even the little extras... it was the force that was Mary Ann. I am setting sail tomorrow on a cruise Mary Ann was supposed to go on. She won't be there, and while it will be bitter sweet, we never thought of cancelling because of the loss of Mama Duck. Instead, it's a chance to honor her and say final goodbye's in a way that was very special to her heart.

Charles, I understand what you are saying, but please consider going on your planned cruise. Cruising was one of Mary Ann's great loves, and it a wonderful way to remember her with others who feel the same way you do.

Chats

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not telling anyone to not go on the cruise. I just am saying that I can understand the mixed feelings. Mary Ann was an incredible person, and she always loved cruising, especially to Hawaii. Her eyes literally lit up when we approached the islands. Enjoy your cruise Glo, as I know Mary Ann will be looking down and smiling.

Chats

Beryl, you are so right. Even though this will be the final Duck Cruise
    ... it's time to revive this thread ...

49 Weeks
    until we sail for
    Paradise in the Pacific,
    our Circle Hawai'i
    cruise aboard HAL Zaandam

Oahu

Maui

Big Island

Kauai

Welcome aboard HAL Zaandam's
    17-night Circle Hawai'i cruise
    departing Vancouver 18 April 2013.

Kaua ha'o 'oe Mele Ana

Chats

QUACK! Please post your information, or let me know and I'll post it. Thanks! If you don't want to release anything (like cabin number, hotel, etc.), please PM me as I'll be glad to keep that info private, as Mama Duck always preferred.

Duck Crew Manifest

Calgon - John & Patricia - Shenandoah Valley, Northern Virginia - Cabin 3332
    GloBug - Glorya & Gordon - San Francisco Bay area - Cabin 1873

Hotel
    Calgon & SunFlower - Pan Pacific - Arriving April 16th

Dinner Selection

Early - Calgon & SunFlower / GloBug & Gordon
    Late -
    As You Wish -
    Celebrations

April 29th (At Sea) - GloBug's Birthday

Events
    April 18th (5:00 pm) - Sail Away - Location TBD
    April 29th (6:30 pm) - Main Deck Aft - Mele Ana Memorial and Farewell - Main Deck Aft

Shorex
    Calgon & SunFlower -
    Honolulu - Pearl Harbor, Honolulu & the Mighty Mo / Hop-On Hop-Off Trolly / Luau
    Lahaina - Trilogy Catamaran: Lahaina Sunset Sail
    Hilo - Gourmet Volcano Adventure
    Nawiliwili - Grand Canyon of the Pacific
    Victoria - Buchart & Butterfly Gardens / A Stroll Through Victoria (Evening)

GloBug & Gordon -
    Honolulu - Pearl Harbor, Honolulu & the Mighty Mo / Luau

LinkBacks (?)