Close

Thread: 2 night cruises from NJ area ???

Chris J. Guest

2 night cruises from NJ area ???

Anyone know where the best place to look for a 2 or 3 night cruise to nowhere from
    anywhere close to NJ ??? N.Y. or Philadelphia is ok. We are looking to take our
    children on a 2 or 3 night cruise to see how they'll like it. We have sailed & loved it
    but they are not too sure about it. We are planning a nice one next year from Florida
    if all goes well but we don't want to drive down & have them not like it.
    Please help. I've looked at www.mytravelco.com , travelzoo , and don't find much.
    Thanks,
    Chris J.

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Re: 2 night cruises from NJ area ???

Chris,
    Remember reading somewhere that Carnival is running a few cruise to nowhere 2 nighters out of NYC. Might check into that............

Cruisejess Guest

Carnival will have a few two and three night cruises to nowhere leaving from NYC this year. Sometime in the middle of June Triumph will run a two night, then on October 3,
    the new Carnival Legend will be doing a three night. October 17 and 19 the Legend will sail for two nights. Check the prices because you might be better off going on the Triumph over the summer on a four night cruise to Canada. From what I understand the Regal Empress also sails a few cruises to nowhere out of NYC, but personally, I would not step foot onboard that ship! Good luck. I'm going on the 10/03 cruise with friends we call it "no husbands, no kids,no kidding!".

Olga Guest

I don't think the two-night cruises out of NYC are for children. There is no children's program that I know of on the short cruise. Depending on the ages of your children, they may be bored, unless you're going on the June 22 cruise, when more children will be out of school. Again, though, I don't believe there is a formal children's program on the 2-nighter. It's on and off.

Olga Guest

I don't think the two-night cruises out of NYC are for children. There is no children's program that I know of on the short cruise. Depending on the ages of your children, they may be bored, unless you're going on the June 22 cruise, when more children will be out of school. Again, though, I don't believe there is a formal children's program on the 2-nighter. It's on and off.

Cruisejess Guest

We sailed the Victory two nights to nowhere two summers ago and the children's program was going full swing. We usually sail off peak times with our kids and they always have a great time.

Cruisejess Guest

We sailed the Victory two nights to nowhere two summers ago and the children's program was going full swing. We usually sail off peak times with our kids and they always have a great time. Try looking on Carnival.com for the information.

nieciez Guest

I agree, on the Carnival cruises to nowhere that I have been on Camp Carnival was in progress!

Chris J. Guest

Thank you everyone. The girls are 16 1/2, 15, & 14, & the little guy is 6 1/2 so the older ones will be able to enjoy young adult things. We are going to look into the end of
    summer so they can use the pool & get some sun in.
    Thanks,
    Chris J.