Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how long it takes to get drug test results back?

r8derfan Guest

Anyone know how long it takes to get drug test results back?

My sister n law had an interview today and then they sent her get a drug test and physical before they decide on hiring her. How long will it take before the employer gets the results. The wait is driving her nuts.

Suez Guest

Re: Anyone know how long it takes to get drug test results back?

Once i get to the "go get the drug test/physical" part of the job process I don't muc worry about it. As long as you know you haven't been messing around with drugs and are healthy the job is basically a done deal in my experience anyway. I guess there is always a little doubt in how exact those darn test are, and the fear that although I've not been "using drugs" it'll still somehow come back positive! That would be the pits, but even those technicians can mess up and end up with inaccurate results.

I'm betting your sister will be at work before long!

Suez

r8derfan Guest

She doesn't smoke or drink or the other. She was just wondering how long before they get the results back.

CaribbeanSun Guest

We send our potential employees for drug testing. Where I work, we normally get our potential employees' drug tests back in 24-48 hours if the drug test was sent out that day to a local lab. There are several medications that can show a positive for drugs such as certain cough medicines. If this is the case, they often send it to a second level of drug testing which will take 3-4 days to identify if it is medication or drugs. There is also a 3rd level that may take an additional week.

Judi Guest

I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying she merely went on an interview and they sent her for a drug test and a physical? They didn't offer her the job?

I don't believe that's legal. They would have to offer her the job contingent on passing the drug test/physical, but they can't send her for them just because they think they might hire her!!!!!

MandyBear Guest

Hi! Having required a drug test for every job I've had, the turn around is usually 24 hours, at the most 48 (if it is a particularly busy facility).

Tell her not to worry, as long as she hasnt used, she has nothing to worry about!

r8derfan Guest

Thanks everyone I'll let her know.

PeabodyNVL Guest

Geez. I've guess I've been lucky. I've never had to get a drug test at any job I've had.

John Guest

Some of the newer drug tests have the test strip built right into the cup and the tester can see the results instantly. :)

Beckiep Guest

I agree with Judi. I think they have to wait until after they offer the job. They can require it prior to start and make it contingent on the results, but I think they have to make the offer. Besides, wouldn't that get costly to require tests of all applicants? Though, Home Depot had a sign up saying they drug test all applicants (haven't been in the Depot in a LONG time so I don't know if the sign is there anymore.)

Anyway, when I've had mine after hire, I've never gotten results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast