Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Way to get from SeaTac (seattle airport) to downtown Seattle

Making plans for a cruise out of Seattle. We will go in a day early; and, plan 2 nts post in Seattle. Just wondering if anyone can advise the most cost effective way to get from the airport to the downtown hotels. We will have to get to and from hotel to the pier (and back at the end of the cruise) but not to worried about that as it is only about 3 miles (pier 91). Any input is appreciated.

Suez

MisterD21 is offline If you take me serious, it's your problem

Re: Best Way to get from SeaTac (seattle airport) to downtown Seattle

If i'm not mistaken seattle has a great metro rail system. i believe it runs a line from the airport to the downtown areas. As well as from downtown to the port. I'm not 100% on this as i have never been to seattle, but i do remember seeing/reading somewhere that seattle has one of the country's best metro rail systems and that it's coverage is pretty extensive regarding the tourism aspect of it. Hopefully someone else will be along to provide more information shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD21 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken seattle has a great metro rail system. i believe it runs a line from the airport to the downtown areas. As well as from downtown to the port. I'm not 100% on this as i have never been to seattle, but i do remember seeing/reading somewhere that seattle has one of the country's best metro rail systems and that it's coverage is pretty extensive regarding the tourism aspect of it. Hopefully someone else will be along to provide more information shortly.
    Thanks for the quick reply Mister D21! I, too, had looked at the information on the metro rail system. I guess my question concerning that is if it is a good match to use when dragging luggage with you?? I assume hubby and I will each have one checked luggage item and a carry on (as well as a handbag). Anyone with experience using the metro who can advise if it is feasible to use when traveling with that amount of luggage??

Appreciate any and all input.

Suez

Anytime you are dragging luggage of any nature, public transportation be it rail, bus, or anything else becomes a challenge. Rail services may be set up for transporting luggage, but you still have to manhandle it on and off the train, buses unless they are transporters are even worse, they have no luggage storage and usually an airporter would be pretty full.
    Best bet would be a shuttle service. with a full van, they are usually pretty reasonable, there is luggage storage and best of all you don't have to handle it.

Check http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises they can get you from the airport to downtown and from downtown to the pier.
    Forget the rain, the snow, the cold and everything else that goes along with winter.
    Think about fun, sun, the warm Caribbean waters.

Think about joining the Cruise Addicts Friends

December 7th, 2014 and let the good times roll.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
    is that none of it has tried to contact us."....Calvin
    Go Green, Recycle Government

Click here for smaller, more creative and better priced ShoreTrips on your next cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Anytime you are dragging luggage of any nature, public transportation be it rail, bus, or anything else becomes a challenge. Rail services may be set up for transporting luggage, but you still have to manhandle it on and off the train, buses unless they are transporters are even worse, they have no luggage storage and usually an airporter would be pretty full.
    Best bet would be a shuttle service. with a full van, they are usually pretty reasonable, there is luggage storage and best of all you don't have to handle it.

Check http://www.shuttleexpress.com/cruises they can get you from the airport to downtown and from downtown to the pier.
    Thanks, bob. You kinda confirmed what I think I already knew! LOL I liked the price on the monorail but figured it might not be 'luggage' friendly. Appreciate the input.

Suez

BSeabob is offline Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change
    Deep in the Fraser Valley of Beautiful BC, Canada

I think if you have any doubts about the "Baggage" then you have made the right decision. It's kinda like out sky train here to the airport. It's quick fast and cheap and really no problem with one piece but add in the carry on a purse or two and it gets old.

BTW pier 91 is a fare ways out of the way compared to the ones "Downtown"
    We are all here...cause we are not all there.
    Next Cruise:

Last cruise:
    MAY 21/2013 PAC NorthWest er..SouthWest on HAL

MisterD21 is offline If you take me serious, it's your problem

Quote Originally Posted by BSeabob View Post
    I think if you have any doubts about the "Baggage" then you have made the right decision. It's kinda like out sky train here to the airport. It's quick fast and cheap and really no problem with one piece but add in the carry on a purse or two and it gets old.

BTW pier 91 is a fare ways out of the way compared to the ones "Downtown"

bob i didn't know you carried a purse..... interesting, very interesting..... is it a clutch, or a murse?(man purse), or one of them big gaudy mailbags i see some women carrying around??.... lol

The light rail system is a good option if you don't mind wheeling your luggage. Access is located at the north end of the airport. They have sections in the train where you can place your luggage but it's first come/first serve. Sometimes people store their bikes in the location. Once it was wide open for us and another time we just placed our luggage in front of us when seated. It's definately a cost effective option and many cruisers go this route.
    Maureen

Carnival Dreaming out of New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by MisterD21 View Post

bob i didn't know you carried a purse..... interesting, very interesting..... is it a clutch, or a murse?(man purse), or one of them big gaudy mailbags i see some women carrying around??.... lol
    He'll smack you.................with his mailbag....

it's a clutch, or is that strangle hold...
    Forget the rain, the snow, the cold and everything else that goes along with winter.
    Think about fun, sun, the warm Caribbean waters.

Think about joining the Cruise Addicts Friends

December 7th, 2014 and let the good times roll.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
    is that none of it has tried to contact us."....Calvin
    Go Green, Recycle Government

Click here for smaller, more creative and better priced ShoreTrips on your next cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvcruzin View Post
    The light rail system is a good option if you don't mind wheeling your luggage. Access is located at the north end of the airport. They have sections in the train where you can place your luggage but it's first come/first serve. Sometimes people store their bikes in the location. Once it was wide open for us and another time we just placed our luggage in front of us when seated. It's definately a cost effective option and many cruisers go this route.
    Thanks, Maureen. This is exactly what I needed to know about the light rail to make a good decision. I wondered how much room they actually had for someone who had luggage with the. Guess we'll have to wait to see what we end up with luggage; and, how easy it is to 'man' handle.

Suez