Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shirlee Guest

Beware of a jewelry store in Kings Alley, Waikiki

Daughter just returned. She bought a gold St. Christopher medal for $75.00. Woman took it in back room to put it on a chain. Brought it back wrapped up. When son opened it up on Christmas it was plastic. So disgusting! She used travelers checks and does not remember name of store. Also, she and husband had bought several other gold items the day before. She thinks she remembers address, so I told her to persue this. Probably happens all the time. Kind of spoiled vacation memories for DH, a Viet Nam vet.

seamom Guest

Re: Beware of a jewelry store in Kings Alley, Waikiki

Aw...the old backroom switcheroo. That happened in Cozumel to us once. It is heartbreaking. I'll never let anyone take something away from my sight to wrap again. A small statuette of a dog my son bought for his teacher was smashed in the back room, then wrapped up........no small bits in the wrapper to show it broke enroute so he did it.

Hope she can trace her steps.

Colo Cruiser Guest

Thats terrible.

Cruise cutie Guest

that is so nasty.....mean people suck!!..Joanne

Luci Guest

A friend in Cozumel, Mexico bought an over priced blouse. I warned her that the blouse looked like a cheap blouse. I walked away and she bought it anyway for $40. She should have paid $5. The lady wrapped it up in a bag. When we cruised away from port she opened up her bag and found the lady had switched it to a stained blouse. She was very disappointed because it was a bad stain.

p.g. Guest

Hey this happened in Hawaii, which is an American city, not a foriegn one( to you ) so don't you have consumer laws to protect you there? I've heard of this stuff happening before , but always somewhere foriegn.

Luci Guest

If you pay by American Express or any credit card they will get your money back.
    Too bad you paid by travelers checks. You lost out. I wonder if the travelers checks company can find out the name of the company who took your travelers check.??
    Why don't you write a letter to their police dept and tell them what happened to you and maybe they can find out who did it and stop the scammers. All they have to do is check out their inventory and find the plastic jewelry easily. I am sure there are other victims complaining.

MizSuzannah Guest

I have to wonder if this isn't just some horrible human mistake??? If you told me that your daughter was in Jamaica, or maybe Mexico, I would be all over this...(and people here who know me will tell you that I would be!) But you're asking me to believe that this scam was perpetrated in Waikiki Beach, inside a well appointed STORE FRONT, in one of the most well travelled, and "heeled" tourist areas of the United States where BBB and consumer laws abound, and frankly, the cops down there, are supreme...

Now if this transaction took place over a card table in a back alley behind the SuperK, then maybe you have a scam....

Are you sure that this can't be dealt with by a quick phone call where the benefit of the doubt is offered???

Yeah, people are bad these days....really bad...and it sucks. But most folks are just what they are: human....
    Humans make errors...

CruiseKing Guest

MizSuzannah has a good point.

My question is: What does DH's Viet Nam veteran status have to do with it? I am not a veteran. Would an offense against me be less of an offense?

Glenn

CruisingBryan Guest

Glenn. She is probably, in some way, alluding to the fact the store keepers in that area are mostly Vietnamese or Thai refugees. There are not many jewelry stores in Kings Alley, was it upstairs or downstairs ? I would be happy to follow up for her.