Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cricket Guest

Carnival's Miracle going into drydock

this weekend! I hope they service and fix the problem, so that it will be ready for our cruise in a couple of weeks. I am getting real antsy because of our last fiasco with the Norway and the fact that we still don't have an assigned cabin as of today! With the hundreds of people who got bumped from our cruise in 2 weeks, I am really scared that when I get to the dock, they will turn us away, since we don't have the cabin assigned yet...or maybe they really do know , but won't let us know until we go to board! This is our first guarantee, so we at least got a balcony cabin that we would be happy with if we don't get upgraded.

Ken_2001 Guest

Re: Carnival's Miracle going into drydock

I can't imagine that one. She was launched only less then a year ago =huh

Any word on what has happened?

I won't have access to a computer till later on..will check back..

Cricket Guest

Ken...according to the news, they knew of a problem months ago, but needed to order parts. The ship is able to cruise, but maybe not at full capacity. I actually heard a couple of things wrong, but the main problem I heard was to replace a propeller that has to do with the azipod.

RosieRosie Guest

We had our first guarantee on our last cruise and not knowing the cabin sure made me nervous. Rest assured you will get your assignment but probably not until the week before you depart. We had an upgrade to higher deck, but I'm still not a big fan of guarantees. I hope you have a fantastic time on the Miracle - I'll be waiting to hear all about your cruise when you return.

:wave

Judi Guest

Our Daughter and Granddaughter are on the ship even as I type.....they return tomorrow. If she knows anything, I'll be sure and let everyone know.

tutak Guest

The cruiselines sure seem to have their share of problems with the azipods.

herb Guest

Our friends are on the ship right now as well. I'll find out what's going on when they call us Saturday night. They did call us earlier this week from the ship and said all was well. :)

jk Guest

Cricket, I am sure you will get to sail. The Norway had major damage and the Miracle is still sailing. Positive thoughts from here. {{{Cricket}}}

ShipMaven Guest

The Miracle has been slated to go into drydock on 8/28 for months. This is not new information.

Cricket Guest

Shipmaven....I do hope you mean that the news is months old and not that it will be in drydock for months! I knew this also months ago, but I was just stating that the time has now come for it to go into drydock for repairs. I am sure the passengers for the next cruise week are hoping the repairs go well and keep on time for them to cruise! It must not be that major for the ship to keep sailing up until now, so that is good news.