Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oceanmarina Guest

Choice between aft. balcony (on back of ship) or mini-suite - help!!

Hi all. For our 2005 Southern carribbean cruise, we decided to go with the Golden Princess. We are about to book & I have a choice between cabins.

What would you select between the following:

Aft Balcony Cabin (on the rear of the ship, I hear this is a wonderful spot for a balcony, that these spots go quickly)
    Caribe Deck C752 or C753 (BB category)

-or-

AD category Mini Suite Emerald Deck - cabins # E729, E727, E725, E723

Here is my decision, what i'm wrestling with;

I have always been curious about a baclony in the back part of the ship, where you can see the wake

But we live in an apartment with a shower, and the mini suites have tubs. To me soaking in a tub is such a luxury! I feel like i'm deciding between a gret spot & a tub!

Please help with any advice,

Marina

CaribbeanSun Guest

Re: Choice between aft. balcony (on back of ship) or mini-suite - help!!

Either would be good.

I have to sort of laugh. I have a tub that never gets used and wish I had used the space for shelves or something. I guess we always wish for things we don't have.

Einstein Guest

I would take E729 myself as I am NOT affected too much by noise but those Aft mini's do get a bit noisey but the larger balcony is worth it. :thumb

Here is a thread for your reading that might go into it a bit further. :thumb

<http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?f=16&i=5128&t=5128>

Post Edited (04-13-04 22:50)

belgique Guest

Just to confuse you further, I'd take the aft balcony cabin in a second! They are the greatest - it's really like being on your own yacht and all the people on the other ships wonder, "Who ARE those people?"

The aft balconies are usually larger than regular balconies, too. They're great for cocktail parties and late night drinks and stargazing.

Beryl Guest

I'd opt for the mini suite E729. It is one of the coveted cabins on the Golden so you will get extra room in the cabin and on the balcony!! Have fun deciding :) and let us know which cabin you book!

oceanmarina Guest

The only thing about E 729 is that the Princess rep. said that to the right is a stairwell for the crew & the above can see your balcony, not as private.

Beryl Guest

Marina, there is a photo of E729 balcony, but on the Grand Princess, in the Photo Gallery. Look for "Toto-Grand Princess 3-30-03". I think that on the Golden (Sister ship) it would be very similar.

gram Guest

There are two pictures of the aft balcony Mini suite on emerald deck room 728 wich is port side of the Star Princess (sister ship to the Golden) oposite of room 729. Go to Photo Galleries and look under archives and the file name is Mr8 Star Princess Mexican Riviera

I stayed in room 729 Starboard side on the grand in December and it was wonderful having such a big cabin. We definately had it private. No one can look down on you on these cabins. The AD Mini suites on the Grand Class Princess ships are the best.

Also, we did not find the aft cabin noisy. Once in a while you could hear a light muffled sound but not late at night.

Go for room 729!!!

red stripe Guest

You have to read this review that talks about that mini on the Grand.. as well as others.. just scroll down until you get to the part about his cabins.. he is a hoot.. I loved the "flotsam and Jetsam" remark :grin and the Pool chair natzi.. :lol I am heading back to read the rest of it now. That is some fun reading..

but it also gave some good info.

<http://reviews.iserver.net/PrincessCruises/GrandPrincess39.htm>

well.. I will be darned.. I have just finished reading this review.. and they are talking about thier TA.. and it is the one we use. :)) I have to write this guy and suggest he check out @ddicts and perhaps sail with all of us.. I am still laughing at him

Cruise cutie Guest

I wanna sail with them...:grin..they are a hoot!!!...:)..Joanne