Close
    jsy Guest

mailing a letter to Canada from the US

Do I need a special stamp to send a letter to Canada from the USA or can I use our regular postage stamps? And if there is a special stamp how much is it and do I have to go wait in line at the post office to get it? This is just a regular weight letter I am sending. Thanks.

CruzTerri Guest

Re: mailing a letter to Canada from the US

The post office has a great site to calculate what the postage would be it is...

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Don't know how to make it clickable, but this will get you to the International Postage Calculator at the USPS site.

Good luck!

:candle

PEB Guest

All I have ever done is just put a regular stamp on the letter and it has always gotten to friends I have in Canada.

red stripe Guest

My sis is in Canada, and while the regular stamps work fine... you will have to add more postage to it . when I tried to gues haw many stamps to add, I have often got the letter returned to me. It is easier to take it to the post office and get them to weigh it.

Bill B Guest

A regular, Airmail letter (1 oz.) to Canada from the U.S. requires 60 cents postage.

Anonymous User Guest

Have to agree with Red as I have had issues mailing letters to Canada. (btw red I understood ever word you typed rotfl)

wishin Guest

Regular postage works. And I AM CANADIAN!!! I'm not shouting - it's a bit of a joke up here. Actually - to be honest - it's a beer commercial. LOL

pjkds Guest

Regular US stamps work for US to Canada, but you need extra (i.e., more than for US to US). I believe Bill B is correct, 60 cents for one ounce (which should take care of up to 3 normal 8 1/2" by 11" sheets).

If you are mailing a letter to ANY foreign country, you use US stamps only, but in various extra amounts of cost.

Heatherbc Guest

And if your friend responds back to you...........will cost them 65¢ from here to there. :-))