Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    John Guest

Man Falls Overboard in Bahamas from NCL Ship

Man Falls Overboard in Bahamas from NCL Ship

Link to story:
    http://www.cruise-addicts.com/cruise...d-Bahamas.html

herb Guest

Re: Man Falls Overboard in Bahamas from NCL Ship

hmmm... all I see is a blue page, no story when I click on the link.

Gayle V Guest

I'll try to cut and past it here:

Fellow passengers saw him go overboard.

MIAMI, Fla. -- The Coast Guard was searching early Saturday for a 39-year-old man who went overboard the cruise ship Norwegian Sky around 3 a.m. about 60 miles north of the Nassau, Bahamas.

The ship left Miami for a three-day cruise, and was headed to its first port of call, Nassau.

The name of the passenger was not released. Fellow passengers saw him go overboard.

Also assisting in the search were The Royal Bahamas Defense Force, the Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas cruise ship crew, the Norwegian Pearl cruise ship crew and Disney cruise line smallboat crews.

The incident happened early Saturday morning, about 60 miles north of Nassau. - Read More

Read more: http://www.cruise-addicts.com/cruise...xzz0D3ZdypHA&B

herb Guest

thanks gayle for the copy and paste.... I'm just having so much trouble getting all the "extras" on THIS site, and THIS site alone..... videos, sound, and now even links.... just don't understand.. all other sites are just fine. I've even logged out and in, cleared cookies etc...... Oh well... whatcha gonna do! =huh

herb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by herb
    thanks gayle for the copy and paste.... I'm just having so much trouble getting all the "extras" on THIS site, and THIS site alone..... videos, sound, and now even links.... just don't understand.. all other sites are just fine. I've even logged out and in, cleared cookies etc...... Oh well... whatcha gonna do! =huh
    Hey John... I was able to click on to the link via your wall post on Facebook.... :D

kitten Guest

Geez, I feel bad about the guy falling over board, we don't know if it was due to too much alcohol or something else, but you can tell the summer cruising season is here, because the news will report every "fart & fizzle" that happens on cruise ships, sorta like the Cappastrano Sparrows returning to their nests! It happens every year, starting in the spring. The next thing will be the news reports on the "Norovirus" that hit's the ship's during heavy cruising peroids. Better stop now while I'm ahead before I get myself into trouble! =grrr

herb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kitten
    because the news will report every "fart & fizzle" that happens on cruise ships,
    well, I think falling off a ship is a bit more than a "fart & fizzle" report... I'm still shocked that people can drink SO much that they would even THINK of doing something that would cause them to fall overboard (IF that is what happened)... I guess we'll find out soon enoug.

Gayle V Guest

You know, considering that they said other passengers actually saw him fall, you'd think there would be more of an explanation.

bOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GayleV
    You know, considering that they said other passengers actually saw him fall, you'd think there would be more of an explanation.
    You would think somebody would have had the sense to throw a preserver over the edge and do all the neat man overboard stuff.....................

Dan40 Guest

I did not see where any witnesses said he "FELL" off the ship. They said they saw him "GO" overboard. Is there a difference? I ask since there are over 100 overboard incidents reported over the years and not one proved to be an "accidental" fall overboard. Some unknowns, many suicides, and many drunks CLIMBING on the railings and from balcony to balc..........whoops. Who would be the most likely to FALL overboard? CHILDREN, not adults! Yet not a single case of a child overboard, EVER!!