Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! our birth certificates don't have a raised seal

Lori Wilson Guest

Oh no! our birth certificates don't have a raised seal

<HTML>My husband and I went Thursday to vital records to get our birth certificates. I just compared them to our kids which we've had since they were born. Theirs has the raised seal but ours does not. I just sent an email to vital records to see what they say about this. Looks like we payed $8.00 for a copy of our birth certificate instead of the orginal. That makes me mad because we drove an hour to get it so we would not have to wait to receive it in the mail. I'm not sure what to do now.
    Lori,</HTML>

Lori Wilson Guest

Re: Oh no! our birth certificates don't have a raised seal

<HTML>It does have the stamp like our kids that says Virginia dept of health vital statistics but it's not raised like theirs.
    Lori again</HTML>

DisneyBlonde Guest

<HTML>It doesn't have to be the original birth certificate, but it does have to be an official copy, which means it needs the raised seal. My official copy is wallet sized (like a driver's license), it's on yellow paper, and you can't see the raised seal on the front, but you can see it on the back. My son's, which is from a different state, is 3x5, white, and looks exactly like the original.

If they charged you $8, they should have sent you an offical copy. If you get the right person on the phone, maybe they can Fed Ex it to you, since it was their error.

Good luck!</HTML>

sail7seas Guest

<HTML>Many jurisdictions have changed the format of their birth certificates. If it has the original seal (stamp), it is fine.

:ribbon</HTML>

Seawall Guest

<HTML>Some states are now issuing cards........ and no raised seal on them.. I suppose for money's sake...........
    The raised seal will always get you where you want to go, with a DL, but also, you might want to consider a passport, if you will be traveling quite a bit. Passport cuts down the check in time, considerably, IMHO.</HTML>

CruiseDiva Guest

<HTML>Here in Georgia notaries are no longer required to use a "stamp" for a raised seal. They CAN but many have gone to a rubber stamp type seal.

________</HTML>

Ali Guest

<HTML>I had to get my daughter a new one from Illinois and there are no raised seals on them anymore...just a stamp from the County Clerks Office. I opted to get her a passport for the next sailing. Should be arriving any day now. Check with the records dept. and find out if they did away with the "raised seal?"</HTML>

sethro Guest

<HTML>How long doe it take to get a passport. We are leaving inApril and I have been toying with the idea of getting one for my hubby and kids. We don't travel a lot but with all of the constant security changes it seemed like a good idea. Do I still have time?</HTML>

nieciez Guest

<HTML>Routine service takes 6 weeks and expidited service takes 2. Go to the State Department's website at www.state.gov for more info on Passports. Here is a clickable:

<http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html></HTML>

Sgrane Guest

<HTML>I believe the raised seal is still necessary for customs. Check before you go...I do not think a stamp is acceptable.</HTML>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast