Close
    Carol Canada Guest

Panama Canal Weather in January?

Ok, for you sailors who have gone thru the canal before and around this time of year, what type of weather will I be having? Warm, sorta warm, hot? Just thinking about packing and need a little information.

Regards:

Charles Guest

Re: Panama Canal Weather in January?

Carol,

Haven't been there in January, but one of the guidebooks on Panama said temps are in the upper 80's, slight chance of rain, and high-moderate humidity.

Charles

sail7seas Guest

Beach/pool swimming weather. Of course, one can never predict rain.

Rick & Jenny Guest

I've sailed into the Canal on a Christmas - New Years week cruise before. We were hit by a very large winter storm that made its way south. We had to alter our itinerary and our course and run north into the swells for almost two days. The water was quite rough and the winds were probably in excess of 30 knots during that period of time but it never got really cold. It was just a little cooler than the norms. Always take a least a heavy sweat shirt, sweater, or lined wind breaker when on the seas. Going through the Canal is a fascinating experience. Enjoy your cruise.....Rick & Jenny

Heatherbc Guest

We were through on Dec. 16, 1998 and it was drizzly. We are going to give it another chance in just a couple of weeks. :-))))

Rain or shine...........experience of a life time !!!

sptrout Guest

We when throught the canal on 1/18/00 and the weather was perfect. Mostly sunny and mild to warm by mid-afternoon. Stayed outside almost all day. Have a great trip!

andrea Guest

I've been through the Canal twice in January. Both times it was hot, hot, hot and sticky! Very humid!

Carl Kamulski Guest

Hi:

Cruised aboard the Sun Princess last January 5-16th and it was "balmy"....warm and beautiful! I might add, the weather near the Canal was HOT!

Have a great cruise.

Regards,

Carl

airgunner&MsAir Guest

Last year in late Jan. it was in the 80's and beutiful.

Carol Canada Guest

Thanks everyone, now if I can just get these lily white legs to the pool or out on the deck without being embarassed to death.

Thanks for all the replies, Jan. 13th is just around the corner!

Regards: