Close
    tjmyman Guest

Tipping the luggage handler HOw & WHEN & HOW MUCH

When you arrive at the doc to board and the cruise line employee takes your bags. How do you deal with the tipping? Do you have to tip then and also when it is delivered to the room if it is not the same person? We leave in 2 days and I know I have read this in the past 6 months and I just 4-got. Lot's of HELPFUL info has made this process fun and exciting. See you all when we return woo woo woo

kitten Guest

Re: Tipping the luggage handler HOw & WHEN & HOW MUCH

I usually tip $1.00 per bag, once your luggage is stowed aboard the ship, the stewards will bring up your luggage and place it in front of your cabin door, be sure to check and make sure it your luggage tho, I've had my neighbor's luggage in front of my cabin and vice-versa! Happy cruising!:wave

frito Guest

The workers at the dock handling your luggage are not cruise line employees. They will get your luggage aboard the ship where it becomes the responsibility of the ships employees who sort and deliver it to the cabins. I always tip the luggage handlers about $ 2.00 per bag when I turn the luggage over to them.
    Congratulations on your upcoming cruise.

Natalia Guest

Tip curbside as they take your baggage, $1-2 per bag is customary. No need to tip when it is delivered - it will just appear, those who deliver it do not expect a tip.

Christoffer Guest

Few weeks ago I tipped the luggage handler 2 dollars for each bag and we had 4 suitcases with us.

Christoffer
    :FINLAND

nimbex Guest

for the f5 f us we have 15 bags, tips the luggage guys $21, after they have loaded our bags on their cart.

Lady Jag Guest

We've noticed that the baggage handlers don't get tips very often. When they do, they seem really pleased. We usually tip $1.50 - $2. per bag.

lougee1043 Guest

i tip the baggage handlers at the pier as stated above--if i am in the cabin when the luggage is delivered i also tip delivery person