Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Diamand Guest

What Happens When You Miss The Ship

Just curious if anyone has ever missed getting back to the ship on time while on a port of call. Also, what happens if you miss the ship? What do you do?

Einstein Guest

Re: What Happens When You Miss The Ship

U wave that plastic around and make your own travel arrangements to the next port.

There is also a shipping agent in town, so it would be good to get in touch with them.

ShipMaven Guest

Adding to what Einstein correctly replied, if you are on a ship's tour and are delayed, they will either hold the ship or get you to the next port. If you booked a tour on your own, then you follow Einstein's instructions.

Donna - dsw Guest

You do everything and anything you can NOT to miss the ship!

Anonymous User Guest

cry

oh yah what they said.

red stripe Guest

:wave

Jim Guest

You get some really great photos as the sip leaves for the next port?

You get to practice flying between ports in your swim suit?

You immediately hope the island you are on has an airport?

You get to calculate the tip reduction you will save due to the missed meals onboard?

Your concerns about people that hog deck chairs will instantly disappear?

You will get the opportunity to find out how "interesting" travel can be in foreign countries when you left your passport on the ship?

tll Guest

My husband and friends went fishing in Ketchikan, Alaska on a trip not arranged by the cruise line. I was getting really nervous because our ship left at 3:00 and it was 2:15 and they weren't back yet (they were supposed to be back at 1:30). They finally got back at 2:25 and had one person on board with them who was on a ship leaving at 2:30. I don't know if he made his ship, or not, our ship didn't leave on time because of the long lines getting back on the ship, we were really hoping that his ship left late also.

tutak Guest

In 1996 we were in St. Thomas on Sovereign of the Seas. A couple missed the ship as we sailed off to Cocoa Caye (RCI private island) in the Bahamas. Somehow, the couple managed to hitch a ride on Norway which took them to the NCL private island. Norway then brought them over to Cocoa Caye in a small boat

maw Guest

On the Ship Newspaper each day is the name of the ships agent in port for the next day that is who you should contact to help get you to next port. You better have the plastic in hand too. Jim brought up point of having the passport it really does help to have it with you when you go a shore(never did understand those who thought they should leave it in safe on ship.) Ships agent was very helpful to my daughter when I fell in the Caymans in helping to make plans for us to get back to the states. Just don't be late getting back to the ship if you have control of situation.