Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What info do you put on your luggage tags

Chats

What info do you put on your luggage tags

I know I don't want to put my full name and address, I can put that on a sheet of paper inside my luggage. But what info do I want to put on my luggage tag on the outside of my luggage?

I'm not flying, but I will be on a train and in a hotel. I won't have to check my luggage on the train, because with a sleeper I can carry it to the sleeper car and they store it near me. But I think I want some kind of info on it... hotel? Name of ship and pier? Any dates in case it's some how lost and they know where and when to forward it to?

Chats

Re: What info do you put on your luggage tags

Since you're carrying, not checking ... put your names, cell phone numbers, the name of the ship, cabin number, port (and pier if you know it). Inside, put a sheet of paper with the same info and your home address and phone number(s).

Or ... you can always put bOB's info on the tags ...

Chats

I put our full itinerary (with emergency contact information) inside the bag. On the luggage tag outside of the bag, I put our last name, our cell phone numbers, and my work address. I never thought about putting the name of the hotel on the luggage tag, as well -- that's a great idea.
    http://addictscay.com/img.php?image=lisa63.gif
    (Formerly Lisa63)

Just back from HAL Veendam, Canada/New England, August 2014
    Looking forward to:
    Norwegian Dawn, Bermuda, August 2015 <--- 25th anniversary cruise, anyone care to join?

Chats

Good confirmation of what I was thinking. Thanks guys.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by GloBug View Post
    I know I don't want to put my full name and address, I can put that on a sheet of paper inside my luggage. But what info do I want to put on my luggage tag on the outside of my luggage?

I'm not flying, but I will be on a train and in a hotel. I won't have to check my luggage on the train, because with a sleeper I can carry it to the sleeper car and they store it near me. But I think I want some kind of info on it... hotel? Name of ship and pier? Any dates in case it's some how lost and they know where and when to forward it to?
    How about, "Look inside for full details". or about one of these ...

ph-102-bb__29634_zoom.jpg

mrsrocster likes this.

I cut 3x5 cardS to make my luggage tags.I have two per tag holder. I put my name(hotel reservation name is under), the hotel name, address, phone number. My cell, dh's cell, and my moms number. Once I get to the hotel with all my luggage, on the flip side, I have the ship, pier location, cabin number and my cell. Once my luggage gets to my cabin, I pull out the two cards, and have my home info already in place.

In the inside of my luggage I have all the vitals written down. On the back side of that paper is my home info. I cross out the precruise stuff once I am on the ship.

Chats

I put full itineries inside the suitcase, our names, cell phone numbers, dates of travel, hotel info, ship info, etc. On the luggage tags I have my cell phone number. It came in VERY HANDY one time. Someone after a cruise grabbed our green bag by mistake. We were one of the last off the ship and none of the left over green bags were ours. I filled out a form for missing bag, the cruise line looked at the missing bags and tried calling the numbers on the bags but no luck. We stepped outside the terminal and my phone rang. It was a man at the airport saying he had my bag by mistake and was headed back to see if he could get the right bag. I waited and got my bag back immediately. The reps trying to call the numbers said many of these were home phones and how foolish to put that on there when you were not home.

Upcoming:
    Ruby Princess December 2014
    Bucket List - To see the ship decorated for Christmas

Completed:
    Coral Princess Partial Panama Canal 3/14
    Crown Princess Southern 1/12
    Ruby Princess Eastern 10/10
    Carnival Fantasy Mexico 9/09
    Emerald Princess Southern 10/08
    Caribbean Princess Bahamas 5/08
    Caribbean Princess Eastern 9/07
    Caribbean Princess Western 10/06
    Carnival Fantasy Bahamas 7/05

Chats

Cruizer, you always make me laugh. Looking forward to meeting you next week end!

Suer, great idea! I usually laminate, but this works!

Whim, that's an excellent point!

Chats

I am going to laminate tags and since I am driving to port next week end I think I will be ok but for the alaska trip I will put everything inside suitcases as to what hotel we are staying at ect.

Thumbup Re: What info do you put on your luggage tags

Only name and cell # on the outside and travel itinerary details on a sheet of paper that goes inside the luggage.

Skyscraper Always Rises Above the Rest!!!