Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    patty Guest

What is the worst time of year to visit Hawaii

<HTML>We plan to fly to Hawaii and just cruise the islands, so sea days aren't the problem. But I have heard that there is a rainy season that we should avoid. Can anyone tell me when the worst/best time to go to Hawaii is? I'm having bad post cruise depression so I need to start planning the next one.</HTML>

PEB Guest

Re: What is the worst time of year to visit Hawaii

<HTML>I cannot help with when the rainy season is but I have been there in July, February and March and had good luck with the weather. Of course there are parts of the islands that do get rain almost everyday but it is usually just a short light shower and than it moves on.</HTML>

Debbie Guest

<HTML>We got there the last day of April in 2000 and they said hte rainy season had ended he week before. THe only thing I could tell about the rainy season was that is washed red dirt down the canyon walls in Kuai and it was not nearly as impressive as when it is all green.. :) Debbie</HTML>

Donna - dsw Guest

<HTML>We cruised the first week in March and it was great! Saw plenty of whales. Someone else I know cruised the same iten. two weeks earlier and it rained everyday. It is the luck of the weather gods.

Good Luck
    Enjoy
    dsw</HTML>

Toto Guest

<HTML>We have cruised around Hawaii in October and April. The only difference seemed to be that there were a lot more flowers in October! Love those flowers.
    </HTML>

ShipMaven Guest

<HTML>Patty,

December/January is the "rainy season". Also, the big surf (meaning big swells, meaning pitching/rolling aboard ship) occurs during then as well, so I would suggest avoiding those two months if you are prone to seasickness.

ShipMaven</HTML>

paulfredo Guest

<HTML>The islands have micro-climates. Some places rarely get rain, and other places on the same island get rain nearly everyday. However, the "rainy season" generaly starts late November and extends through March or April. The months most likely for continuous rain are late November through January. We were there in March for a week one time and it rained almost all day, every day, except one. The seas were huge.

Its more continuously "dry" from June through September. April and October are in between months, and a lot of people will advise visiting then because of the weather and its less crowded.
    The seas are lighter than during the winter and early spring.

But bottom line, you're likely to have a good time there whenever you go.

paulfredo</HTML>

BruinSteve Guest

<HTML>The worst time to visit Hawaii?
    Depends where you live...
    If you live in Buffalo or Saskatoon or Minnesots, then it's ALWAYS an improvement to go to Hawaii...

But, realistically, Hawaii is never a bad place to go to...

The worst time of year may be December/January...but, that's when the most tourists seem to show up...not because of the weather in Hawaii, but because of the weather back home...

Go in the summer if you can (or better, just before school lets out or just after it goes back)...None of the northerners are fleeing the snow yet, so you get the best deals and have the most availability...</HTML>

judy Guest

<HTML>We've been there in Nov, Dec and January. Also April-July. Never had a "rainy season" had some morning rains and beautiful double rainbows though.
    When we were there from April to July it was less crowded while school was in session. The Japanese come in Janaury and the Europeans come in summer.
    Hawaii is beautiful anytime of the year.

Smooth sailing
    judy</HTML>

Sgrane Guest

<HTML>When a Hurricane is approaching the Island! :)

</HTML>