Close
    Chats

Carnival Dream Category 4J

There is an interesting new category on Carnival Dream.

Category 4J is listed as an inside with an obstructed view so I had to call and find out what that means.

These cabins are at the very front of the ship and have picture windows that face forward. The "obsturuction" is an observation deck in front of the cabins that is accessable to all passengers. The cabin windows are tinted so people on the deck can't see in to the cabins during the day and a sign in the room reminding guests to close the curtains at night so people can't see in. 4J cabins are located on decks 6, 7, 9, & 10. These will also be available on Carnival Magic.

Chats

Re: Carnival Dream Category 4J

Quote Originally Posted by Mbandy View Post
    There is an interesting new category on Carnival Dream.

Category 4J is listed as an inside with an obstructed view so I had to call and find out what that means.
    I would have thought that the obstruction to a view from an inside cabin would be the walls.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Cruizer View Post
    I would have thought that the obstruction to a view from an inside cabin would be the walls.
    Kind of my thinking too. The old category 5A's (porthole windows) were considered to be inside for a while. Now they are called category PT.

Chats

Kind of my thinking too. Thanks for the inforamtion

Chats

I had one of those rooms on the FREEDOM..They are nice you are high on the ship I believe I was on deck 8 or 9..So your not at the bottom,Plus you just walk out your door 5feet and have your own balcony deck.Nobody really goes out there because they dont know about it......Until NOW..

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by mx315 View Post
    Nobody really goes out there because they dont know about it......Until NOW..
    Oops.....