Close

Thread: Taxi Fare from New Orleans Airport to Port?

kirsten504 Guest

Taxi Fare from New Orleans Airport to Port?

Hi there - going on the Carnival Fantasy March 1st out of New Orleans. This will be my second cruise, last one was out of Miami, so I know what it is like to wait around for the busses to fill up while you wait to be transported to the port. Does anyone know what the cost of a taxi ride from the New Orleans aiport to the port of new orleans is? I know it will be much quicker to just hop in a taxi, but was curious as to the cost. Does anyone have any suggestions what might be a better alternative then taking the carnival transportation ?? Thanks for any info....
    Kirsten

jleq1 Guest

Re: Taxi Fare from New Orleans Airport to Port?

From the port's [portno.com] website:

Taxis and airport shuttle are available from Armstrong International Airport to the cruise terminals. Call 1 (866) 596-2699 for Airport Shuttle information and reservations. Typically, shuttles cost $13 per person one-way and $26 per person for round trips.

Taxis are available and cost $28 for up to two passengers and $12 for any additional passengers. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. The airport is approximately 17 miles form the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 minutes travel time.