Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Instead Of A Tux Or Suit

Re: Instead Of A Tux Or Suit

Why not be courteous to your fellow passengers and be comfortable too? Dark blazer, matching slacks, white shirt and bowtie and nobody will notice you're not in a suit or tux. I do it all the time and nobody's ever called me on it.( On other nights you just wear the khaki slacks and the blazer looks like a blazer again )

I do not care what folks wear on formal night as long as they do not wear jeans or shorts...

If they look nice who cares

I myself love to dress up
    Last edited by Jeanie; Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 PM.

[QUOTE=Lisa63;1519643] (Of course, who really has a dinner jacket these days? I can't imagine they mean the traditional definition...)QUOTE]

Wow! I must be a real anachronism! I mix up my dinner jacket and tux jacket for the two formal nights, with a cummerbund on the former and a vest with the latter.
    I'm sure they mean the "traditional definition," as that's formal; a blazer is actually informal attire, as opposed to a sports coat, which is casual (the difference being the cut and pattern of one versus the other--blazers never have a pattern, and have metal as opposed to bone, wood, leather or plastic buttons).
    That said, a blazer would be a better fit in the dining room than a sports coat, but is still not formal--not that anyone will faint or cry "foul" no matter what you wear!
    randy
    Catalina 27 "Ku'uipo"
    Quantico, VA
    Lat 38.50 Lon 77.30

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
    I do not care what folks wear on formal night as long as they do not wear jeans or shorts...

Then yes, you do care!

I feel like it is ultimately up to the individual if they want to go all out with a tux or not. The cruise itself should not pressure people one way or another. Unless you are the type of person who is super social conscientious, then you have a problem. Good luck!

My dad would prefer a v neck sweater and collared shirt for dinner but he will break down and take a jacket with change of ties for our formal nights.

Just curious, can you order lobster and duck l'orange for room service on formal nights?
    I can see CARNIVAL from my bedroom window (to quote T Fey as S Palin)

If the idea is to comply with the rules and blend in with the least effort, why not a blue sport coat with blue slacks and a bowtie? No extra effort and you blend in enough not to spoil the pretty picture for those who care.