Close
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Zzannah Guest

Smuggling alcohol

Does anyone know NCL's policy on bringing alcohol on board?? Will I have to hide it? What's the best way?

superflyjeff Guest

Re: Smuggling alcohol

I went on NCL about 5 years ago and carried on liquor no problem. I would def call them and find out their policy...

cruisequeen Guest

No you can't bring it on any more - at least last time my friends took NCL. But smuggle away.

Skysmama Guest

If it's in you're carry-on, they confiscate it and give it back to on the last night of the cruise.

superflyjeff Guest

Do they scan/xray your carry on bags now? So what's the option if you want to bring some liquor on the boat? Is it even possible? Now I'm wondering....we are going on March 27th on the wind and I thought you could still bring it on board!

Anyone?

t-bird.tim Guest

We smuggled it in our checked luggage wraped in bubble wrap, it wasn't a problem and the room stewards don't care. This was on the Sun in December. Have a great cruise.

Skysmama Guest

They do scan/x-ray your carry on before you board. We were on the Wind in Jan '04. I say try it in your checked luggage - if you get away with it great! If not, you still get it back in the end. Good luck!

superflyjeff Guest

Does the bubble wrap keep the xray machine from getting a good scan of the bottle?

newmexicoNita Guest

I don't think the bubble wrap keeps from seeing with good X Ray equiptment. At least I certainly hope not. We have heard all kinds of stories about conviscating the booze, but we were just lucky I guess. Our last NCL cruise (about a year ago) we did several things and were ok. We did have a 1.5 liter bottle of wine in our shipped luggage. No one said a word. With us we did 2 things. !-I got hubby, for Christmas a pair of bonoculars(spelling) but they weren't real; they were a flask. Each side holds 8 oz of booze. He had all the scotch he needed around his neck. I had a 6 or 8 bottle case of water, but 2 of the bottles contained Vodka. I think it's the flaunting or the bringing on of enough booze to supply the nearest bar that creates the problem. The worst that can happen, they will keep it for you until the last night. You may be a little embarrassed, but it kinda reminded us of some of the things we did in high school 50 years ago. Shame on us old people!

NMNita

superflyjeff Guest

I dont want to seem cheap and it's really not even about the money. I'd just like to have a drink or a glass of wine while my wife is getting ready for dinner. I highly doubt that I would even drink the stuff in our room during the day. We're either going scuba diving (and so I'm def not drinking then) or I'm sitting up on the pool deck ordering lovely drinks with umbrellas in them! As I said...it would just be nice to enjoy a drink before dinner. I think I'll try to stash some vodka in a few water bottles but that's it....aside from a little wine ;-)

Jeff