Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

$100 Shipboard credit

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by muktukmary1, Jul 4, 2004.

1. folkestone

folkestone Guest

I'm confused. I called HAL and was asked "how I learned of this offer"; was told ONLY AAA could offer it. As I booked through HAL directly, they are not sure if would be able to get the credit. Was told to fax the info and keep my fingers crossed. Was then told that maybe they could "switch" my booking to a AAA one. My question is would this result in a different rate? (I've paid for my trip in its entirety).

HELP!

2. nu2cruisin

nu2cruisin Guest

If I remember correctly there were 2 different credits. One was only offered thru AAA, but I can't remember the Promo number. They are both listed in this thread somewhere. Maybe if you only asked about 1 promo, it was the AAA one.

Let us know if it works.

3. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

We got the 100pp through our TA for the Oct 30 Maasdam. Thanks to a fellow cruiser alerting us.

4. janky

janky Guest

John....Which promo did you use to get this credit?

Jan

5. bethd

bethd Guest

Does anyone know if this ship board credit (promo 7031)has to do with group bookings only? I called my TA to request it and she called Holland America who told her it's for cabins booked within a group only.
    Sounds odd to me but thought I'd check with the Cruise addicts first before I pursue it more.

I'm booked for a 10 day on the Zaandam 12/18.

Thanks

Beth

6. folkestone

folkestone Guest

I have made many calls and talked to many people and received many DIFFERENT answers (all resulting in "no credit!"). Have been told that 1) had to have originally booked with TA; 2) only applies to NEW booking; 3) because we have already paid our balance, we were no longer eligible; and try the AARP code.

I tried the AARP code...faxed copies of the itinerary along with AARP card copies and a cover letter as instructed. Never got the courtesy of a reply....only an updated copy of my itinerary with a cryptic note stating "coupon not applicable" (no explanation, no nothing).

What am I doing wrong?!

7. Seapointer

Seapointer Guest

I called two agents today to price a new reservation. Neither knew about the credits. One called HAL who said there are no 2005 credits available.

8. muktukmary1

muktukmary1 Guest

Beth,

No, Promo 7031 is not for group bookings. My husband and I booked a trip in May on the Maasdam, October 30, 10 day cruise. in late June I read about this Promo on the Cruise Critic message board. I was timid about calling my travel agent , as I felt we had already gotten such an incredible deal on a category "S" suite. I worked up the nerve to call her...she was happy to check, and she called back the next day with a $100/per person shipboard credit. No hassles, no AAA, no group discount. Seems funny that it works for some of us and not for others.

Good Luck.

9. bethd

bethd Guest

Thanks for the reply. I had my TA call back again and she was able to obtain the shipboard credit for us. I find it hard to believe that not all HAL reps have nor give the same information. It seems like the luck of the draw when you call. Sometimes you get great info sometimes not.

I'm happy we got the credit and am looking forward to the Zaandam's 10 day Christmas cruise.

Happy cruising everyone

Beth

10. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

I think it has to do with specific sailings. Also the category. Suites are more of a discount ($100pp versus $50pp). I believe it is for new bookings. I received my voucher with my cruise docs yesterday

11. rmansfield

rmansfield Guest

The 7031 and 7032 codes are valid for 2004 sailings. Does anyone know of any credits offered for 2005 sailings?

Thanks

Next cruise ZUD 5/28/05

12. folkestone

folkestone Guest

Let me know if this works....they told me I couldn't do it and had to try AARP (which didn't work). I too was concerned about a different rate as mine was paid in its entirety too. I keep trying to figure out how to get this shipboard credit....would sure help with the bar tab!

13. CPRayVA

CPRayVA Guest

We are going on our first cruise on the Masdam, Nov 20th, which we booked in Jan. At that time we knew nothing , I wish we had read some of the message boards before booking. We called our TA at the end of August to ask about 7031, at first we were told that we had already received an upgrade in rooms ( which we had not!) Eventually they gave it to us, but when we received our tickets last week, it only lists a $50 shipboard credit, that I think is for both of us. Do we just accept this, or should we call someone since we thought we were getting $50.00 per person? BTW, we booked with another couple and both sets of tickets are the same.

14. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

I got a voucher with my docs for $100 PP.

15. Orcrone

Orcrone Guest

The credit is based on cateogory booked if I'm not mistaken.

LUV2Cruz2 - I believe that the credit for a verandah or higher is $100 per person.

The credit for an inside or outside is $50 per person. CPRayVA, double check that it's not $50 per person. We're on the 10/30 Maasdam sailing and that's what we received. It was listed as $50 per person, not $100 total. So I'm thinking that if yours says $50, it will be per person, not per cabin.

16. CPRayVA

CPRayVA Guest

thirty lashes, you're right it does say pp. I guess it's time to get better reading glasses. thanks!

17. Orcrone

Orcrone Guest

No problem. You just found another $50, enjoy it!!!

18. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

So, when you have a voucher, do you just take it to the purser and have it applied to the bill? Can you use it for the Pinnicle? Can you use it to buy something in the shops?

I imagine, though that no matter what you do, it would have to be applied to the bill, since I'm sure everything bought onboard goes directly to the account anyway...right?

Did I answer my own question, duh?

19. belgique

belgique Guest

Been reading this thread for a while and decided to check with HAL sinced I booked my 10/27 Volendam cruise through them. My "Personal Cruise Consultant" (doesn't that sound cool?) looked into it and got me $50.00 credit - better than nothing - figure it's 1/2 of the charge for tips!

Thanks for the heads-up even though it took me a while to act on it.