Assistance at San Pedro Terminal

S

SilverStar092

We will arrive in San Pedro on a connecting bus that Amtrak operates from the LA train station. The only available details are that it stops at the Catalina Terminal, Berth 95. Does anyone have any idea whether that is close to the Princess Terminal and whether there is any local baggage assistance for transporting our luggage from that point to the Princess check-in? I want to avoid last minute surprises.

C

Colo Cruiser

Yes I believe that Princess uses 92 and 93 so you are right there. That (95) is probably the ferry over to Catilina Island. I dont know of any baggage handling available but I am sure you can find something there.

C

Cruizer

The distance between the Catalina Terminal and the Princess dock is one very large parking lot. However, you also have to walk back toward the road to get into the cruise ship terminal. So, it is a long walk (I would guess close to 1/4 mile from the door of one terminal to the door of the other terminal). Here is a link to a photo I took of the cruise ship terminal. See the bridge? Well the Catalina terminal is in the bridge's shadow, next to the water. So you have to walk all the way around the dock area, then back down to the cruise ship terminal. Most likely Princess will be docked where the Monarch of the Seas is in this picture ...

SanPedro.jpg