RCCL stock holders

G

Granduer Sailer

Does anyone have any info on if you get special cruise benefits if you are a Royal Caribbean shareholder. I was thinking about buying stock in royal caribbean.

S

sanjoseca

Yes, stockholders get anywhere between $50 and $250 shipboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise.

M

Missmadge

If you are a frequent cruiser, stock ownership is a GREAT deal!!!!!
If you are a once a year cruiser it is a bad deal!!!!!!

We take anywhere from 5 to 9 cruises a year...we're retired and live in Florida so it's easy to cruise. The stock runs around $42.00/share. Even 5 cruises at $50.00/OBC per cruise is getting a 5% dividend. We usually take 7-12 day cruises and get a minimum of $100.00/OBC per cruise which gives about 11% dividend and you sure cant beat that on the market.

Missmadge

L

Libby

We purchased 100 shares shortly after 9/11 -- not really understanding the shareholder benefits. The pricing at that time was great, and the OBCs we've received have more than paid for our initial investment.

G

Granduer Sailer

The thing is right now with stocks being so high. thank god! I cant afford 100 shares because it would be in the $4000 range. I guess i have to keep saving. =twocents

L

Lady Jag

Also, that shipboard credit is combinable with other shipboard credits like the one you get for booking a future cruise when onboard.

F

faithsea

It closed at 37.40 today so keep watching it. I'm betting it goes lower in the next couple of weeks. Its a GREAT deal if you cruise a lot and you may be able to pick it up for a good price.

G

Gayle V

He faithsea. Today the stock costs $36.87 Do you think that's low enough to buy yet?

G

Granduer Sailer

Its getting more affordable im thinking that if I buy little bits at a time ill eventually get to 100 shares.