PEARL AFT DECK 11 Mini Suite 11154

D

dj24

HELLO ALL: Cruising Aug. 08. To Alaska on the PEARL. Have a mini suite at the stern on deck 11looking right out at the wake. Is there any problem with debris, noise or interference from the Great Outdoor Cafe on deck 12? Has anyone stayed in any of these suites? Is this a good location on a ship? Thank you D.J.

S

saabgal

Hi,
I found the following person's email address on another cruise website. At that time he was looking to book the same cabin I was interested in on the Jewel. (Aft balcony). I sent him an email just in case he did book it to find out how it went. He said he did not book the one on the Jewel but he did book Pearl 11152. You should contact him with questions, he was very helpful. IN fact, I ended up booking the aft balcony based on his information.

trybski@aol.com

Good luck to you.

D

dj24

Hello: Saabgal. Thanks for the reply. Very helpfull. I contacted him. If you don't mind me asking are you going to Alaska? I am going in AUG 08. Would like to here your comments regarding aft suite if it on the PEARL.----------D.J.

S

saabgal

Nope, off to the Southern Caribbean in March.....We booked 10168, aft cabin, cat BA.

P

pesty1963

Hi,:daisy

We ae also interested in booking a similar aft cabin on the Gem.
We have the same concerns about debris, and noise from the Garden cafe upstairs on the 12th.
We are looking to book a mini suite on the 11th.

Can you perhaps share some of the info or advice you received from trybski?

Much appreciated!
=docdance

S

saabgal

Hello!

We sailed on the Jewel on the 14th. It was wonderful, by the way. I did book 10168. It had a very large deck, large enough for lounge chairs. I will tell you a couple of things about this location.

1. The cabin seemed to "wag", even during calm seas. Didn't make me feel seasick, or anything.
2. Rough seas--the cabin wagged and really moved! But I just did the max dosage of Bonine so I was ok.
3. The garbage issue. Well, the first night brought out the fools to the Garden Cafe's outdoor eating area! I think there must have been some sort of "contest" to see who could spit off the top deck. This really only happened in the beginning. I guess the thrill ended quickly for them. Upon awakening our first morning, there was a chewed up pineapple, that "almost" made it over the edge, a cigarette butt, chewed gum. Later during the week we found some sugar/sweetener packs found their way to our balcony-- I think these just blow off the tables. I was up there and saw it happen.

We loved this location. I will book it again. Just remember it is a verrrrry long walk from one end to the other! I don't think I could see the end of the hallway that ran the length of the ship--I told my husband that I thought it was due to the curvature of the Earth!

We also slept with our sliding door open at night. That was great.

One thing I think I remember is that the balconies on the 11th deck didn't stick out like ours did. Even better for avoiding garbage!

Have a great time!