Carnival transfers, buy the ship to airport.? or not?

G

Gayle V

Well, we've done it both ways. We've bought the transfers from the ship sometimes and sometimes not.

A few times, not buying them and trying to get a taxi, was a total disaster. There was no organization for getting the taxi, and the huge crowds of people were pushing, and shoving and literally fighting for the cabs. It took forever and the few dollars saved on the taxi would have been well spent on the cruise line's bus.

Other times there was a simple easy, fast, organised line for the cabs, and that would have been the better, cheaper choice.

One of our easiest experiences getting a cab was recently coming home from a RCI cruise in Fort Lauderdale. One of the worse ever times was after a Celebrity cruise, also through Fort Lauderdale.

So what's it like getting a taxi at the Carnival pier in Fort Lauderdale ? Should we get the cruise line ship-to-airport transfer, or not?

J

jetblue

Gayle, I just wanted to add that there is no set Carnival Pier. When I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale the Carnival Miracle was docked next to us using the same exact pier. So it is probably dependent on how many cruise ships will be in port on that day. As for my experience as soon as we cleared customs and walked outside, we were swept away by a taxi cab driver almost instantly.

M

Mbandy

=yeah I'm all about the taxis. I don't care for the busses. I'd pay extra NOT to take them but the taxis are usually cheaper anyway...especially at Port Everglades.

G

gram

:wave :wave :wave

WE have sailed out of FLL several times and always take a taxi. We never had any truoble getting a taxi after the cruise.

J

jkmcroot

I just got back from sailing on the Liberty through Ft. Lauderdale. We took a taxi after the cruise and had absolutely no problem getting a taxi. We walked through customs and out onto the street where there was a line of taxis waiting. There were 7 in our party and we got 2 taxis right away.

P

pcanning77

I personally don't care to be hearded onto a bus and have to wait for all other passengers, a taxi is the way for me or prearrange transportation