Question for anyone who has had Obstructed View Cabins Emerald Deck on the Princess Caribbean

T

tncurlyq

Hello.

Cruising on the Princess Caribbean in July 2009. My family & I booked 5 cabins on the Emerald deck where the rooms are obstructed. I was wondering if anyone has ever been in this category/cabin on this exact ship. Are the windows small....totally obstructed....tight for a family of 4(2 adults & 2 kids under 7)...etc Please forward comments good or bad.

S

Suzy Cruisy

These "partially obstructed" cabins on the Grand class ships BEFORE Caribbean were wonderful. I never saw much of an obstruction Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond or Sapphire Princess in this category. Thinking they're a great value, I suggest them often.

One of my friends tried one on the Crown Princess near the aft and came back mad as she said her cabin window was nearly fully obstructed. I had never heard of such a thing happening before, so now I'm wary of trying one on the Caribbean Princess and later ships. There must be something a bit different about them.

The window itself is large, but I'd feel cramped with four in any cabin that wasn't a full suite. That's your call.

Cheers!

~Suzy

J

jbest

We've sailed the Caribbean Princess twice, both in those cabins, and we're booked on our third. The windows are nice sized. In both our sailings so far, we still had a great view of the ocean. Happy sailing!

M

Mbandy

We had an obstructed view on Grand Princess. The top of the lifeboat was even with the bottom of our window so you could look straight out, just not down. It was just fine especially since we were upgraded from an inside cabin :thumb

J

jtutak

If you look at the deck plans you will see the 3 lifeboats used for tenders between E518,E519 and E701 702,these boats completely block your view if you are in cabins that are not between the life boats. All other cabins forward and aft of these lifeboats have a great view that is only partially obstructed. See photos of roomCaribbean Princess room E205.

C

caribbean lover

We are booked on the Emerald in September, Our cabin is E 314, " Obstructed View", Its midship, however has anyone ever stayed in this cabin,Will we be able to see anything else besides the life boats?:

J

jtutak

You will be able to see quite a bit, pix are from the Emerald Princess room E217. In Your room you will be able to see over the top of the lifeboat
CIMG2389.JPG
CIMG2388.JPG

J

jtutak

[quote jtutak]You will be able to see quite a bit, small pix are from the Emerald Princess room E217. In Your room you will be able to see over the top of the lifeboat
CIMG2389.JPG
CIMG2388.JPG
[/quote]Larger pix ts from the CB but it will give you a better Idea.
2548339460075177386S425x425Q85.jpg

C

caribbean lover

thanks for the information and the pixs, we were upgraded from an inside cabin however had no idea what to expect.:wave

C

caribbean lover

there was no charge, after we booked inside cabins, back in Dec.. there must have been a special going on, somtime in Feb or March.Our travel agent upgraded us for same price.