• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

14 Days or 2 X 7 Days = 14 Days ... Decisons Decisions???

Einstein

I have studied deck plan and have my cabin picked out according to prices of those available. Not that many HC cabins on Radience.

Hang tight maw as we have the cattle prod working on John. :evil: We might VERY well have a another Christmas present option available besides the Feb. Equinox for those having NO clue what to get their BETTER HALF. :banana:

Einstein

Latest update on the Fall 2010 Tampa cruise has a few changes showing up. After taking a few MORE steps towards completion it looks like RCCL has thrown in a Monkey wrench to disorientate things. :shrug: Actually its NOT surprising as I figured that something was a MISS with only one 7 Day offering. :duh:

Looks like popularity of the 7 Day offering has led to RCCL pulling back ALL their Group cabin space so cabins space for both regular as well as handicap cabins is limited. :hammer: So on to Option #2 on the Fly as we are good at that.

Since the 2 main objectives for Fall 2010 were to return to the W. Caribbean and cruise out of Tampa we are exploring 2 options. The timing of the cruise will still be sometime in Oct. with a preference being on the middle portion.

The options that we are are still looking at are as follows.

The Radiance as a possible 5 Day option with stops in Costa Maya & Cozumel.

The HAL Ryndam which is a 7 Day option with stops at Key West, Falmouth Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. An interesting side note on this is the stop at Falmouth Jamaica. The stop at Falmouth Jamaica is of interest as it lies half way between Montego Bay & Ocho Rios and supposedly supports some of the finer white sands on the island.

IMO think BOTH options have the positives and negatives. I can NOT really say that I am swaying one way or the other on which option I prefer. However I do know its difficult enough to get off a 7 Day cruise so a 5 Day would be even MORE difficult. :scratch:

Of course there is always the option of combining a 4 & 5 Dayer on the Radiance to make it 9 Days. Only catch here is that U would be visiting Cozumel twice and U would only only receive 1 sailing credit from RCCL as that is how they handle their Back 2 Back credits. :bbat:

So hopefully we will have some pricing back on BOTH these options soon and then a decision can be made. Please feel free to add your comments if U wish on these 2 Options and what IS or IS NOT good about either of them. :confused: Of course we are also continuing to finalize the Spring of 2011 Group Cruise Plans and that is centering around Princess right now.

Bottom Line is the NEW Options are NOT perfect BUT they are still a cruise on a Cruise Ship. :boogie: As the saying goes ... My worst Day spent on a Cruise is still BETTER than My Best Day spent at work. :egyptian:So stay tuned as the World Turns!!!

Last edited:

Jeanie

Even though it is difficult to get off a 7 Day cruise and a 5 Day would be even more difficult. It is ok, if you set your mind to the fact that it is a five day cruise. It works for me, like you said, it is still a cruise & that is good enough for me. Really though, in this economic climate, many of us might be able to fit a quick 5 day extra cruise into our budget. Just a thought.

E, great job.

Einstein

Even though it is difficult to get off a 7 Day cruise and a 5 Day would be even more difficult. It is ok, if you set your mind to the fact that it is a five day cruise. It works for me, like you said, it is still a cruise & that is good enough for me. Really though, in this economic climate, many of us might be able to fit a quick 5 day extra cruise into our budget. Just a thought.

E, great job.

Thanx Jeanie. I tend to agree with U. :thumbup: But as I said BOTH have the +'s & -'s. :shrug: Its a plus for ALL of US living close enough to Tampa and especially for those living on the LEFT Coast of Tampa but for those that have to travel it might be a negative. As both cruises will require taking a FULL week of vacation that is the one item that is on a level ground for BOTH options. :confused: I think the pricing will probably play a definite roll in the decision and hopefully we will have that info by next week or maybe sooner. :dance:

Jeanie

E, when we were on the Monarch for a 4 day cruise, it amazed me how many from the West coast, Ohio, Chicago, & Canada were on board. Even had a couple from England. We asked a few why they choose a short cruise in lieu of a seven day or longer. The main response was, (1) you can not beat the cost, (2) we can do a pre or post cruise without taken extra days off. Personally, I thought they were nuts at the time but who knows.

red stripe

E, when we were on the Monarch for a 4 day cruise, it amazed me how many from the West coast, Ohio, Chicago, & Canada were on board. Even had a couple from England. We asked a few why they choose a short cruise in lieu of a seven day or longer. The main response was, (1) you can not beat the cost, (2) we can do a pre or post cruise without taken extra days off. Personally, I thought they were nuts at the time but who knows.

man.. I can not imagine paying to fly from England for a 4 day cruise??
By the time the jet lag has wore off.. you are on the way home.
and your plane fare is the same for a 4 day cruise as a 7 day.. or 10. or.....

Einstein

Well I am sure that I am going to make my darlings heart palpitate a bit here with this next statement ... A Back 2 Back might be in order. The options are available for either a Back 2 Back on the Radiance or one a 1 night stay over in Tampa both the 5 Night Radiance and 7 Night HAL Ryndam could be done as a Back 2 Back. :duh: Gosh did I REALLY say that??? :hammer: Maybe we can even talk Captain John & 1st Mate April into putting ALL of US up for that layover night??? :spyglass:

One thing for sure Jeanie is that U are correct when U say the pricing is right. :thumbup: For the Back 2 Back on the Radiance a Balcony cabin could be had for about $100 according to the RCCL site. Now that is pretty cheap for a Balcony cabin. :hot: How MANY 9 Day cruises have any of US cruised in a Balcony cabin for ~ $100 per day??? :rolleyes: I would suffice to say probably NOT MANY. :cool: There will have to be some MORE thought put into this. :boogie:

Last edited:

Jeanie

man.. I can not imagine paying to fly from England for a 4 day cruise??
By the time the jet lag has wore off.. you are on the way home.
and your plane fare is the same for a 4 day cruise as a 7 day.. or 10. or.....
Red, we first met this couple when we were standing in line for our luggage tags. When they told us they were from England, I almost fell to the ground. After meeting them several time during the cruise, we found out that they were going to stay a couple of days post cruise in Orlando. They do this often due to the cost of the cruise. This way they can fit an extra cruise in. Very nice folks.

Einstein

My 2 cents - If you decide before December I can get one of those future cruise credit thingees for RCCL. HAL - I would pass.

Maureen ... Without breaking the details down as they are NOT firmed up in concrete yet heed these words ... I WOULD PICK UP that Future Cruise Credit. :boogie:

Einstein

Maw, we have two ghost bookings, we have to sail by 2/11 and 2/12.
I am just killing U two fine ladies with the suspense about the Spring 2011 Princess cruise ain't I???:banana: All I can say is the plans are being laid and there should be an announcement soon. :clap: It will most likely follow the Fall 2010 Group Cruise announcement so it would MOST likely be after Thanksgiving but before Christmas so U ALL have something to place in the Christmas stocking. :spyglass:

Einstein

There is already the Duck cruise in Spring of 2011 - why can't you plan for another time?
And I guess I would ask what time might that be Donna??? I will make a couple of points of which none REALLY make any difference since there are NO Rules about the number of cruises that are in motion at the same time. :cool:

#1 - Technically the Spring 2011 Group cruise is taking place in the late winter as in Feb. while the Duck cruise is taking place in late spring as in May which means there are 3 months between them. Also it should be noted that we are over 15 months away from both of them so perhaps there will be folks with the additional time to plan that can join in on BOTH of them which we would hope would be the case.

Also in this discussion is a Fall 2010 Group cruise offering so surely being that this cruise would be over 8 months away from the Bermuda Duck it could NOT be considered as falling in the same time frame???

#2 - As has been mentioned the Duck Cruise is a not an official C@ Group cruise and the Fall 2010 & Spring 2011 will be run with the intention of it being a sanctioned C@ Group cruises. This really again matters NOT one Hill of Beans IMO since each of the cruises is a viable option for Our C@ Forum members but since U asked I figure it should be noted.

#3 - The discussion for the 2011 Group Cruise in most likelyhood started at about the same time if NOT before the Duck Cruise. Again NOT REALLY worth one Hill of Beans but since U asked it should be noted.

#4 - Each week there are numerous cruises that are running that folks have to C@ folks have to select from. To select a week where there is NO other cruise for C@ forum members to select from would be impossible. So therefore any week would be as good as the next to have several choices to select from.

Also on this note ... Perhaps there are folks that do not wish to visit Bermuda but do wish to cruise the Caribbean or vise versa for that matter so why should there be only one choice??? Out of the MANY Thousands of registered members I would bet that there could be MANY more options available and still with these additional options none of the offerings might appeal to ALL of the MANY registered C@ forum members.

Hopefully I have addressed your question appropriately but if not we can discuss the issues a bit further if necessary. Thanx for inquiring and posing your questions to this lively discussion. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Mr. Utley

Einstein,

Along with St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Lucia, St. Kitts , St. Croix and St. Somewhere, I nominate U and Red for sainthood for your patience and commitment! Thanks!

maw

Wordsmith
Good reply E can't see a difference whether a group of Addicts or a group of friends. we all have free choice and it should not matter which or what we choose. I am choosing both if I can aford it.