February cruise?

allstar22

Water Sports Instructor
What is a good cruise to take during the month of February? My 30th anniversary is in February 2011 and I'd like to start planning.

Thanks for the input.

Mbandy

Staff Captain
I like the Western Caribbean. Water in the Bahamas is a little cooler than I like it at that time of year. You didn't mention how many days but I like the itinerary of Carnival Legend out of Tampa or Carnival Valor out of Miami. Those ships call at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. The water and weather down there will be great.:banana:

HoustonTodd

Massage Therapist
Legend seems to have a great itenary (I haven't sailed her yet - I'm taking her in April though). The Conquest out of Galveston also has a great intenary though, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, 3 wonderful ports. Jamaica has my single favorite excursion I've ever done anywhere.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
February is a perfect time of year to go on any Caribbean itinerary. We've been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, many times in January and February, and have always had fabulous weather. The Bahamas, being a tiny bit more north, are still often plenty warm enough for swimming then too.

But if the weather is a concern, any southern itinerary is great at that time of year too. That would be my own preference. The weather is always very warm there.

As a totally personal preference, hubby and I weren't terribly fond of Belize. Kind of a bore. (Although the river tubing sure sounded like fun. Hubby wasn't up to it then.)

Be aware, that a lot of people really don't like Jamaica. Myself among them. I feel totally UNsafe there. Such a shame that a naturally gorgeous island like that has been made so undesirable by the people in the port cities.

On the other hand, the Legend is a great ship, one of our favorites, for sure. And we totally love Cozumel, even after being there several times.

HoustonTodd

Massage Therapist
I understand feeling unsafe on Jamaica if you plan on a self-excursion taking a taxi or going around by yourself. But you are perfectly safe in a group of 30 other cruisers taking a ship excursion, and as you said it is a naturally beautiful and amazing island. It is one of my favorite places in the world, and I've travelled all over.

Corky

Staff Captain
February is my favorite month to cruise in. Either Eastern or Western should be fine and warm enough. I've never had a day in Feb where it was too chilly to swim.

Enjoy!!

Jeanie

Staff Captain
In my opinion, any cruise is good as long as you are cruising. It all depends on you. Have a great time sailing

allstar22

Water Sports Instructor
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm going to check out the Legend, I've heard great things about that ship.

I'll let you know what I decide, oh and it's going to be a surprise too!