which cruise out of Seattle?

memo

Deck Crew
Im thinking about going on an Alaskan cruise in June with my 7 year old daughter. This will be the first Alaskian cruise we go on. I'm looking at the cruises leaving out of Seattle. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on which one is best, especially given that i will be traveling with a kid. It looks like the choices are:

NCL - Norwegian Pearl
Holland - Oosterdam
Princess - Sapphire Princess

Thanks!

Maura

memo

Deck Crew
i was really hoping that someone would have feed back on these cruises. I'm really torn between princess and holland america.

thoughts?

maura

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Of those three ships, Sapphire hands down with kids
The Oosterdam is a nice ship no question, but for Alaska with kids, it doesn't match the kid friendly atmosphere of Princess,

cruisen4life

Deck Crew
Im thinking about going on an Alaskan cruise in June with my 7 year old daughter. This will be the first Alaskian cruise we go on. I'm looking at the cruises leaving out of Seattle. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on which one is best, especially given that i will be traveling with a kid. It looks like the choices are:

NCL - Norwegian Pearl
Holland - Oosterdam
Princess - Sapphire Princess

Thanks!

Maura

We are booked with a bunch of kids in Aug on the Sapphire, but have never been on a Princess ship. We were on the Amsterdam in 2007 and it is a beautiful ship. My parents and 3 of the grandbabies (2,15,17) were on the Oosterdam in 2008 and again had a great time. All the major cruise lines will have some sort of kids club and 7 is the perfect age to enjoy the club. They will have a meet and greet in the kids club and I strongly suggest your daughter go to it. It is where they interduce all the kids and set the ground rules. The staff does an excellent job of linking kids in groups and making sure everybody has a great time. They have everything from scavenger hunts to bingo to sports to arts and crafts and video game competitions. She will have a great time whichever ship you choose. /COLOR]

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
You overlooked the Infinity which is also 7 days out of Seattle. One fewer stop up North however as it actually does a lot more of the "Inside Passage" on the way north..
Our trips on her included kids on board and they have a good program.

But I do not think that this is current info anymore.( JUN 2010) Goes outside all the time except for just below Juneau and ketchikan

Last edited:

FortheFunofIt

Deck Crew
Of those three ships, Sapphire hands down with kids
The Oosterdam is a nice ship no question, but for Alaska with kids, it doesn't match the kid friendly atmosphere of Princess,

I've never cruised with Sapphire. Only with Princess (and yes, they are VERY kid friendly). How is Sapphire? :)

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Sapphire is the "Princess Sapphire" sister of the Princess Diamond