Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

15% tip

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by jim vegas, Nov 14, 2003.

1. joe quinn

joe quinn Guest

My only concern with the new tipping policy is this. How do i know that the tip goes to the person i wish it too and if i wish to tip extra to a certain person how do i know he (she) gets it? Maybe they plan to just split the tip among the crew but if this is the case why not just raise the price of the cruise? Or will the tip money just go to HAL?

joe quinn
    joequinn50@hotmail.com

2. hbogart

hbogart Guest

You have asked the question we are all asking. But suffice to say that I for sure believe that HAL would not keep any portion of the tip. If they did that and it were to get out, it would be horrendous.

What we are sure of is that even though HAL has not made it clear about how the tips to cabin stewards and waiters will be handled through your on board account, you can definitely make sure the right person gets your tip by having the tip removed from your on board account and tipping the person directly as we all do now.