Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan Explorer Cruise, 29 June 2012 (formerly July 13, 2012)

Charles

Captain Weather
YYYEEEAAA!!!!!!!! We're DDM's!

c

Lurline63

Staff Captain
To those arriving the night before the cruise, is there any interest in a group dinner Thursday night? (And that does mean that I volunteer to make the reservations.)

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Thursday night dinner sounds wonderful Lisa! It was a Mary Ann tradition, and if you have any good ideas, please make the reservations.....anything but sweet potatoes or something really spicy. I'm a wimp!

Lurline63

Staff Captain
Audrey, I have nothing specific in mind. Just throwing it out to the group for now. I'm very open as to time and place.

alfer

Shore Excursion Manager
Hi all. Are any of you on the early seating for dinner? We are and do not know what Mary Ann had planned. Would like to sit with any of you.

We are driving to Seattle the day of the cruise. Would have liked to go to dinner the night before but parking was to expensive.

Judi

Environmental Compliance Officer
Alf,

I don't think Mary Ann ever got to dinner arrangements for the cruise. She usually handled that after final payment was paid.

I'm pretty sure your requests for early/late sitting are in your files. Ellen, the agency owner, will be handling the details and be in touch at some point after this nightmare is over. :(

If anyone else has any concerns, please let me know and I'll forward them to Ellen.

As I've asked before, if anyone has any immediate issues, please let me know so I can work with Ellen to get everything in order.

audrey

Staff Captain
I booked this cruise almost a year ago while I was on the Bermuda cruise and looked forward to every Fri seeing the countdown of weeks mary ann post with the great looking picture and along the way some wonderful information.
And today as she is put down to rest I am going to be doing her Fri countdown and will continue till we get to the last week till we will sail.
We have 13 weeks till we sail 91 days
RIP MARY ANN we will miss you.

Charles

Captain Weather
YEA!!!! 13 Weeks.

Thanks Audrey

c

Lurline63

Staff Captain
I have bad news and good news.

The bad news is that I've had to cancel the cruise. I can't go into the reason as this is a public board, but it has to do with a change in policies at work. I am so angry, as this came out of the blue.

Yet--the good news is that we are still planning to come to Seattle. We're arriving on the 28th, so we're still on for dinner with whoever is interested. At this point, I don't know if we will take a shorter cruise or just enjoy a visit to Seattle for a few days; probably the latter.

I am really sorry--I tried.

audrey

Staff Captain
lis I am so disappointed I was looking forward in cruiseing with you. Well let me know where you will be meeting for dinner.

popcorn

Staff Captain
What a bummer! I was so looking forward to meeting you & your family.

Liz

audrey

Staff Captain
well it is almost fri and we have 84 days 12 weeks till we sall to Alaska. Final payment will be coming up soon and when I get back from costal cruise I am going to start planning dh wants to take flot plane flights ect.

Charles

Captain Weather
I too am sorry Lisa. That's a change that they changed policies. Hope to see you on the 28th.
c

Charles

Captain Weather
Yea for 12 weeks. And I told Ellen to process my payment! YEA!! [of course, Mary Ann would have been much better. she could teach me how to quack appropriately! :) ]

c

Last edited:

Lurline63

Staff Captain
Still on for dinner on Thursday night if anyone's interested. I may not be going on the cruise, but there's no way I'm going to miss Seattle!

(Oh, and if anyone wants to book the following, three spots on each just became available: Alaska Rain Forest Sanctuary, Raptor Center & Totems in Ketchikan (noon), Historic Russian America & Raptor Center in Sitka (11:30 am).)