5/26/2012 & 6/2/2012 C@ Voyage of the Glaciers Alaska B2B Group Cruise

Einstein

Staff Captain
Need a Boost to keep U going for the next 30+ days then perhaps this video will do it. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;ocp_RJe3ci4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocp_RJe3ci4&feature=related[/video]

DougH

Ordinary Seaman
Hi eveyone :) Just noticed that you have a group cruise to Alaska, my favorite spot. Looking at the schedule I see that you are in Juneau on 6/6. Well so am I on the Sea Princess! Wondering what you have planned as maybe we can meet up and swap travel stories as I haven't seen some of you in quite a while.
Doug

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
That's a GREAT idea Doug....would LOVE to meet up with you in Juneau on the 6th for a mini-meet....maybe we could all do lunch somewhere? I have a morning excursion booked and it returns by 11:30.

Einstein

Staff Captain
I have been assured that we WILL have a SUNNY day in Juneau this time around. :biggrin: So if that's the case I sure do want those LARGE Crab Legs. :clap: Always room for a beer so some way somehow I am sure meeting up is a virtual lock. :doubleup:

maw

Wordsmith
Noon at the Red Dog it is. Going to start hanging out clothes in bedroom. Not even sure what I have that will get to go cruising.

Einstein

Staff Captain
This video should put U in the mood for the weekend to think about the upcoming cruise to Alaska. :boogie:

[video=youtube;vc6Wvp6J4Aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6Wvp6J4Aw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

DougH

Ordinary Seaman
Thats one of the big advantages of a B2B, you get two chances for a sunny day in each port. On the second week its also a lot of fun to casually mention in conversations the weather last week and get a surprised/confused look :) Noon in front of the Red Dog sounds like a plan.

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
WOW that was an awsome video E....something sad though to see the ice break up like that but I sure hope we see some! Now that sounds like a contradiction doesn't it :whistle:

maw

Wordsmith
one of the most awsome things we have ever seen was disapponited mlas few cruises in calving we saw. Looking forwarad to the whole thing with great people. On to Vancover if I could get in truck I would say wagons ho and start west.

Einstein

Staff Captain
Well I would be pleased to see half he calving I saw in that video. :doubleup: Looks like E now has another chore is setting up details for our E Tour in Whittier. :boogie: It sounds like a FUN day and thanx to Snowblower for providing the insight. :clap: All E has to do is make that SHORT walk to the rental car place the morning of change over in Whittier. :biggrin:

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Hey Maw, I just discovered an alternative excursion opportunity for Paw in Ketchikan....there is a Walmart! :boogie: There are free shuttles available and they pick up at the back corner of the Southeast Alaska Discovery Center. :biggrin:

Einstein

Staff Captain
Wandered past this photo last night and made me smile. :biggrin: Find it ironic that this is the closest I have ever gotten to a whale and it was NOT even in Alaska. :scratch: Perhaps that luck will change in a few weeks. :whistle:

Copy%2520of%2520Vals%2520photo.%2520St.%2520Lucia%2520and%2520pitons18.jpg

As U can see the Pitons in the background its a dead giveaway that we spotted this whale while on a Cat Tour out of St. Lucia.
:clap:

maw

Wordsmith
That was one near miss for sure E#. I am looking forward to the whales just hope they have found there way back from Hawaii-and are hungry-seeing feeding baubles again would be terrific.

I am ready for some sea food too. Hot bowl of soup would be good.

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Here are some Orcas from our whale tour in 08

100_0676.JPG

And these humpback got so close to the boat the Captain had to turn the engins off.

100_0646.JPG

100_0660.JPG