*BIG CATS INVADE THE CARNIVAL VALOR - 5/26/12*

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
No luck yet at Priceline.....Hotel 6 here we come!

I can't believe what the hotels are going right now...must be something about that weekend. Found this earlier on lastminutetravel.com ...I'm assuming it's the Intercontinental, wish I would have waited, $20.00 cheaper than what we paid....

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami Special Offer Awaits. Call 888-273-4266
Downtown Area
Miami FL USA
Room Type: Standard
$128

Book Now Check In: 05/25/2012
Check Out: 05/26/2012
Adult: 2 Children: 0
Rooms: 1

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
I received a letter from my credit card company and finally have confirmation that the benefits transfers over from Continental Chase to United Chase, so we will get our free first bag per person. That's good. So, we are going to try to pack 2 checked bags and our carryons and see if we can do it....it'll be rough for me!

We are flying Continental (United?) to PBI...still discussing how to cut back on luggage. The only thing we got going is we fly Southwest on the way back.

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
Regina.
I talked with Hope today and her company is going to give her the days off....we will know for sure monday morning. If that happends than we wil pull Calun from my cabin and put him with Hope and we will be cruising with the Big Cats AGAIN :) lets see how it all works out after monday.

That's great Jim....is your sister going? Looks like we are going to need two large tables side by side at dining this time...how many people for our group do we have now...17? Did you book the more=merrier rate? If so, does moving Calun affect your cabin rate?

Last edited:

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
Sheree isn't there laundry rooms on the Carnival ships? You can just bring a few outfits and wash them. I think that if I had to fly that is what I would do. We do not care if you wear the same thing more than once.

Yeah they do Regina. We will definitely be doing laundry, no way we can bring that much luggage for an outfit per day. Does everyone have 10 Carnival cruises now? If so you are VIP and they do your laundry for free.

jimb1658

Bar Steward
George,
My sister is not going she works for the elections office and she is to busy right now. But Elizabeth is already freeking out about what to bring..we told her not to worry... everyone over packs the first time LOL

oriolesfan22

2nd Officer
Yeah they do Regina. We will definitely be doing laundry, no way we can bring that much luggage for an outfit per day. Does everyone have 10 Carnival cruises now? If so you are VIP and they do your laundry for free.

Regina and George - I am such an overpacker that I don't know who I am trying to kid, but I'd really like to try to pack appropriately this time! So Barb, I don't know if there will be a secret to share! But, I am thinking that I am not going to do super formal this trip. I think I am going to just take a few skirts and capri pants for dinner and not do the dressy dresses. Usually I criticize the jeans and shorts in the dining room, and I won't go that far because I do think that is not appropriate, but I won't be bringing a dressy black dress for formal night - I will probably just do simple skirts and tops. I am going to suggest to Greg that he does not need to bring his suit - unless you all want to get a photo on formal night?

Reginak

Shore Excursion Manager
I may bring one black dress and wear them both formal nights. Or I may just skip the formal night. I think that I will go the the lobster formal night and eat at the Buffet the other one. George when are we going to the steak house? Can we do that on the formal night that is serving steak.

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
I may bring one black dress and wear them both formal nights. Or I may just skip the formal night. I think that I will go the the lobster formal night and eat at the Buffet the other one. George when are we going to the steak house? Can we do that on the formal night that is serving steak.

And miss out on a second night of filet mignon...I would think not!

StudMuffin

2nd Officer
Regina and George - I am such an overpacker that I don't know who I am trying to kid, but I'd really like to try to pack appropriately this time! So Barb, I don't know if there will be a secret to share! But, I am thinking that I am not going to do super formal this trip. I think I am going to just take a few skirts and capri pants for dinner and not do the dressy dresses. Usually I criticize the jeans and shorts in the dining room, and I won't go that far because I do think that is not appropriate, but I won't be bringing a dressy black dress for formal night - I will probably just do simple skirts and tops. I am going to suggest to Greg that he does not need to bring his suit - unless you all want to get a photo on formal night?

Still up in the air if I will bring the suit or not...suppose if I can get into it might factor into my decision. I know Anne and Arrielle are going to bring 1 dress. A group photo would certainly be something...it's been many years since we did that. An old western one would be something as well. On the shorts front, I have some dressy shorts with a nice short sleeve I may consider on 1st / last nights.

oriolesfan22

2nd Officer
Looking at the Hampton Inn Brickell....$125 govt rate...I would guess city employees would be considered govt employees, right?? We'd be a little south of Bayside, not sure if we'd be too far away, but it's new and we tend to prefer Hampton Inns...they give a consistent product. Free breakfast in the AM is always nice, too.

oriolesfan22

2nd Officer
The above post was in reference to the cruise, not the hotel room. Went ahead and booked the room. I am hoping firefighter = government employee in their minds! The hotel looks really nice. Now I am just waiting on the quote for the ride from FLL to the hotel. Hopefully it's under $40....That would make me happy.