What do Carnival ships have in their staterooms' bathrooms?

peachy

Deck Crew
First time cruiser here :) I need to know what personal items I don't need to bring. Does it depend on the ship? I'll be on the Inspiration. Hair dryer? Shower soap, shampoo, conditioner?

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Not a big time Carnival cruiser, but for sure, soap, shampoo, conditioner, my best guess would also include a dryer

Cruizer

Staff Captain
First time cruiser here :) I need to know what personal items I don't need to bring. Does it depend on the ship? I'll be on the Inspiration. Hair dryer? Shower soap, shampoo, conditioner?

Well, I answered this once, but I guess a server problem knocked off my answer. So here goes again. Soap, shampoo and some other liquid (conditioner? body lotion? something else?) is provided in the bathroom. The hair dryer is usually in the desk drawer in the bedroom.

These two photographs are of the bathroom of cabin U166 on the Carnival Paradise (a sister ship to the Carnival Inspiration) ...

U166s.jpg
U166s.jpg
U166t.jpg

These two photographs show what I found in the basket in the Carnival Spirit bathroom ...

rm5128VI.jpg

rm5128VII.jpg

Last edited:

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Hello Peachy,

The two dispensers that you see in the shower, have liquid body wash and shampoo. There is no conditioner. The sink usually has bar soap. Those are the ONLY things you can count on.

The other items in the amenity bowl, (that you see spread out on the counter in that photo) are variable. It's a different selection every cruise. You may OR MAY NOT get items like: a razor, sample sizes of lotion, toothpaste, vitamin/energy drink powder, foot scrub, conditioner, Excedrin, Gas-X, actually it could hold samples of almost anything. One cruise we got a razor and four single use foil packets of toothpaste. And that was all.

It's not like a hotel where every room gets all the essentials, the same items in every room, every time. On the ships, it's different from ship to ship, cruise to cruise, and sometimes from cabin to cabin. So if you need it, bring it.

BTW, IMHO the shampoo in the shower dispenser is poor quality. It tends to dry my hair and doesn't seem to clean it very well either. Although, I could be blaming the shampoo, when the fault is the salt water swimming. Or swimming in the pools where people have worn sun screen oil. Or maybe it's the ship's water. Even using my own shampoo, I sometimes have to give my hair a third lathering when we are on a cruise. Anyway, if you want nice shampoo, bring that along with the conditioner.

Last edited: