New to the Forum

busman1929

Deck Crew
Hello to all my fellow cruisers,
My name is Mark and I am from Eastern Pennsylvania. Although I am new to this board I have been on 12 cruises. I started out with Carnival then on to NCL and my last 4 have been with a line that my wife and I love, Celebrity cruise line.
We have been to the Panama Canal, Alaska and just about every Island in the Carribean but of all the cruises and all the places we have been one place stands alone and that is Bermuda

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
one of the few places you can still walk down a dark ally at midnight and feel safe.................

Welcome

KathyC

Staff Captain
Welcome aboard. I think you'll like it here. Lots of friendly people with lots of good info on cruising. Be sure to stop by the Aft Deck where we talk about just about anything you can think of & have lots of fun just chatting.

We've sailed on HAL & Princess but Celebrity is 1 of our favorites. We're sailing on the Eclipse in April. Have never been to Alaska or Panama Canal but both are on our list for future sailings.

busman1929

Deck Crew
Hi Kathy,

If I had to pick between Alaska and the Panama Canal, IMHO I would choose Alaska. Take into consideration that the humidity level in the area of the Canal is extremely high.

It really depends upon preference. The tour excursions on an Alaska cruise are some of the best I have ever been on. My wife and I took a helicopter ride and landed on top of a glacier, it was breathtaking. The train ride through the white pass and into a gold rush village was fantastic.We saw plenty of Wildlife such as Moose, bear, Caribou, Eagles literally flying all around you while in port.

While visiting inside Hubbard Glacier bay the ship sat patiently waiting for Ice to break off ...after about 30 mins a huge chunk of ice broke off, there was no sound for about 1 to 2 seconds then a huge crashing noise filled the bay, it was a once in a life time experiance.

Our cruise started in Los Angelos, with stops in San fransico, Seattle, Vancover, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Hubbard Glacier and back to Vancover.

While in the military I visited Missouri, Texas, Seattle, Oregon, California, and spent two years in Hawaii. I have bben to just about every Island in the Carribean. Other then with the exception of Bermuda, Alaska has to be the most beautiful place on earth.

If you are into engineering marvels then Panama would be the cruise to take. However if you are into wildlife and sheer beauty then Alaska would be the choice. Of course this is just my own opinion. Eack person would prefer what they deem to be more interesting. Hope this helps in your selection.

earl_m

Social Host
Welcome aboard !! Glad that you could join us.

busman1929

Deck Crew
Thanks to all the greetings. Glad I found this site, great for getting opinions that you normally would'nt think of. I look forward to hearing from all.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi Mark, So glad you found our community. Let us know if you need any help.

Welcome Aboard!