Hi Everyone!

1josh13

Deck Crew
My name is Josh and I am new to cruises and the website.

I have been on only one other cruise when I was younger, it was a present to us (my brother, sister and myself) from our grandparents. I really liked it at the time. Now I am married and stationed at Ft Gordon GA.

Currently our plans are to cruise on the Carnival Dream on 6OCT to the eastern carribean, I will be 21, and my wife will turn 21 on the cruise. I hope to have a really great time and I would really like some feedback on shore encursions and things to do. I have looked at some but I always take other peoples experience to mind.

Thanks all!

KathyC

Staff Captain
Welcome aboard! A lot of very experienced cruisers here with lots of info on cruinsing. DH and I are finally able to cruise again after nearly 6yrs. We will be headed to the Caribbean in April.

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
Ahoy There Josh,

I was going to recommend that you check the Carnival Roll Calls, to see if there is a group going on your cruise; but, I see you've already found Mary's group of Red Hot Cruisers.

Anyway, Welcome aboard. Please post early and post often. We will always be happy to answer any questions you may have

1josh13

Deck Crew
Ahoy There Josh,

I was going to recommend that you check the Carnival Roll Calls, to see if there is a group going on your cruise; but, I see you've already found Mary's group of Red Hot Cruisers.

Anyway, Welcome aboard. Please post early and post often. We will always be happy to answer any questions you may have

Thanks!

My main concern at the moment is Passports. I am military and dont know if that means anything in terms of travel. However what I have read is that a cruise going roundtrip you do not need a passport.

We are in the process of getting ours, but haven't dropped off the paperwork yet.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi Josh, Welcome to Cruise Addicts. I'm happy you took the time to become a member. I visited the Carnival Dream and create a video/slideshow of the photos and I also wrote some articles. Here is a link to these items. I hope they help you in some way.

Cruise Addicts - Carnival Dream

You asked about Passports. I would take the time get them ASAP, as they will be mandatory eventually. They are also simplify your travels. Further, If something were to happen (missed ship, sickness, etc) and you had to fly back from a foreign port to the US you would have a problem.

1josh13

Deck Crew
Hi Josh, Welcome to Cruise Addicts. I'm happy you took the time to become a member. I visited the Carnival Dream and create a video/slideshow of the photos and I also wrote some articles. Here is a link to these items. I hope they help you in some way.

Cruise Addicts - Carnival Dream

You asked about Passports. I would take the time get them ASAP, as they will be mandatory eventually. They are also simplify your travels. Further, If something were to happen (missed ship, sickness, etc) and you had to fly back from a foreign port to the US you would have a problem.

John,

Thanks for linking that video, the wife and I just watched it and now shes super excited to be going.

We will have to get on those passports. I have heard they can take months, but a coworker of mine said it only took her about a month to get hers in.

We are waiting on the tax return to come in but I checked on Carnivals website and it looked like they raised the prices, thankfully the early saver was still $509. I know there are cheaper cruises however this one is special because its a first for my wife and her birthday is on the 10th.

My only other issues are contact Carnival and sending proof of marriage so we can book and the deposit that we need (how much is it?)

Thanks for all the advice so far!