Best Cabin on Independence of the Seas

Nessie

Staff Captain
I am looking to book my first cruise in 5 years! I am going to reserve an E1 Cat and wondered if you have any suggestions as to the best cabin in that cat. by location on ship or view, etc. Appreciate the help!
Nessie

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Isn't it great to start looking for the perfect cabin?! :doubleup:

Do you like aft balconies? In general the aft cabins on Voyager and Freedom class are not as nice as on other ships due to the metal structure between them and the ocean, but there are a few nice ones.
You may take a look at cabin no 7408 or 7708. I'm not 100% sure about this but if they have the same type of balcony as the cabin in the same location on a Voyager class ship (7388/7688) it's huge. Take a look at this link - click on "Balcony & view (32 pictures)".

Voyager-Class.com - Pictures of the aft balconies: Cabins 7388, 7688

Just one note; I have not found any information about if the balcony size of these cabins are the same on Independence as on the Voyager class, but I would guess it is. Please try to check that out before you book this cabin.

The downside of that cabin location is the long walk from the aft stairs and also some of that metal structure that partly block your view. You will also feel a bit more movement of the ship comparing to a midship cabin location if the sea is rough (but that I guess you already know).

/Erik