Discovery Fly-By

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
My class is being held out at Dulles Airport. This morning, we took a little break and went outside for the fly-by. Amazing!

DiscoveryFly-By04-16-12.jpg

Lurline63

Staff Captain
Fabulous!

I was on the phone with my co-workers (they're in DC, I'm in MA) when they spotted the shuttle. I sat there talking to myself while they ran to the windows!

maw

Wordsmith
Our area is taking World War 2 vets on Honor flights to DC. Yesterday was 14th and they were on ground at airport as fly by happened. They have funds collected for the 15th and last flight planned now. such a great day they give the vets in DC. they have Dr.s and nurses and takefamily members to help with moving vets around lots of wheel chairs.

The pictures of fly by are amazing.

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
It was the thing to do here in town too....and don't you know I got distracted from my position at the "window" to take a phone call and missed the whole thing :madd: My SIL Nate got a nice picture from the fly over at home in Fredericksburg though...

Einstein

Staff Captain
Gr8 photo Calgon. :doubleup:

Our area is taking World War 2 vets on Honor flights to DC. Yesterday was 14th and they were on ground at airport as fly by happened. They have funds collected for the 15th and last flight planned now. such a great day they give the vets in DC. they have Dr.s and nurses and take family members to help with moving vets around lots of wheel chairs.

Saw a clip on on news last night of the same thing in regards to the vets from our area here maw. :doubleup: Sort of brought a tear to the eye as Dad would of been 90 this year on his B-Day which was on 11/11/2012. red was already in the planning stages for making it a Grand Day for him as she had made contact with the President as well as the local TV stations in FL. red & some dear friends have made sure I will always have a piece of remembrance of his honorable serving of his country as I have his burial flag placed in a display box on our mantle as well as the honorable service letter from the president right next to it. :clap:

randy

2nd Officer
I was listening on the radio as I drove from a meeting to work about the shuttle "arriving in our area in a few minutes." When I parked, I got out, and lo and behold, saw it fly directly overhead, low and slow. Really neat, one of those moments where you think, "why didn't I have a camera?" I walked inside and everyone was clustered around the TVs, watching from a distance what they could have seen just outside the door moments before in person!

Lisa

Safety Officer
Our area is taking World War 2 vets on Honor flights to DC. Yesterday was 14th and they were on ground at airport as fly by happened. They have funds collected for the 15th and last flight planned now. such a great day they give the vets in DC. they have Dr.s and nurses and takefamily members to help with moving vets around lots of wheel chairs.

MAW - the Honor Flights are a HUGE thing here in SE Wisconsin....in fact, the world premiere of a documentary about these flights is sheduled to be held at Miller Park in August......I have seen a couple of previews and it looks awesome! I have heard they are now starting these flights for veterans of the Korean War.

Lisa

Safety Officer
Calgon, what a great pic! Thanks for sharing!:clap: