Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

1st timer wanting advice

Discussion in 'Celebrity Cruises' started by clintaughjl, Nov 19, 2003.

1. clintaughjl

clintaughjl Guest

Although we are from the UK and were originally looking at European lines for a first time cruise our agent recommended Celebrity above all the others. My wife and I have taken his advice and booked for a Western Caribbean departing 2nd January 2004.
    A wee bit confused on tipping. I know there are tipping guidelines but in other reviews I've read some experienced cruisers advise tipping extra at beginning of voyage to ensure good service. Is this sound advice?. I had intended wearing a dinner jacket (tux) but again there appear to be differences of opinion - guidance needed from anyone who sailed on the ship.

Advice etc welcome on above, and anything else, which will make sure we fit in whilst on board.

2. BP

BP Guest

You can have your tips put on you account on celebrity. They give you a card to give to the people recieving the tips letting them know that you have chsen this method of tipping.
    There is no reason to tip at the beginning of a cruise and it will not guarantee you any better service.

About half the men on our cruise last week on the Millennium wore a tux with the rest wearing dark suits . Only a few had on a sport coat with a tie.

We loved the Millennium and will sail on the Summit this February.

3. freda

freda Guest

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise you could put your tips for waiter, etc. onto your credit card. Good to know for those of us who use different currency (like Canadians). This way we just need euro's and no U.S. currency. Anything else different about Celebrity, we should know about? We have just cruised with RCCL and HAL, but are now looking forward to our Celebrity cruise, next summer.