• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2 More Days!!!

L

LUV2Cruz2

"...and the days dwindle down...to a precious few....."

I can feel the seabreeze already...I can hear the band playing...I can taste the pizza, I can see my little drinkie with an umbrella in it.....

D

dumbo

Have a great time. you give great info. Come back with lots more to share.
:cheers
dottie

L

LUV2Cruz2

Have you ever eaten "Cracked Conch"?
If you haven't and would like to try it, there are many places in Nassau that serve it. It's the meat from the conch shell that they take out and beat the hell out of until it's tender and they deep fry it. It's a Bahamian favorite and is really good with some hot sauce over it and a cold beer, or refreshing beverage of your choice.

You said you're from the Orlando area, right? Maybe you even have it in some of the restaurants over there.

Do you ever go to the Boston Lobster Feast in Orlando/Kissimmee?

K

Ken_2001

Way ta go Jorjy!! Cancha just feel it!!!

wishing you calm seas and blue skies!!

J

JudyKa

Same here, Luv......feeling all the same things! ......just NOT packed.... Don't why I can't get going on that....sheesh! I guess I'm thinking, "if I pack, then before you know it all the anticipation and fun will be over!" Getting up from here RAT now an packing! That's all there is to it!

Conquest 6/7/04

K

kdlisa1469

WOW Luv2, I hope you have a great cruise and come back all rested and rejuvenated so you can work on booking your next cruise....lol Thanks for all your great tips...
REFRESH MY POOR BRAIN ABOUT YOUR CRUISE>>SHIP? DESTINATION?

B

Belizemama

Luv,
We had some conch that we loved in Belize (a restaurant on Ambergris Caye). It was pounded (has to be to even eat it...LOL), and then they pounded parmesan cheese and spices into it and sauteed it in butter. A gourmets dream!!!
We have also had it the way you talk about in Cozumel once when we were there for 2 weeks. It needed to be pounded a bit more though. :)

L

LUV2Cruz2

Thanks for all your good wishes! I wish each and every one of you could be with me. It's only a 4 day on the Fantasy, but I don't care if it's 5 hours on a dingy!

It's raining cats and dogs here right now and a 50% chance for rain on Sunday departure. I don't mind, I'm sure the captain will steer clear of storms so we all can enjoy the ondeck activities. I am taking an extra book though...just in case.

It will be fun. I'm so glad so many people have tried the conch. It has to be really really beaten to be tender. I've never had it the way Belize had it though...that sounds really good too!

Doncha all just love trying the local foods on the different islands we go to? I think one of the main reasons I like to cruise and travel in general is to be able to really see how the locals live, their customs and their food. I wish I was able to do all of this when my mother was younger and could travel easily....she's an excellent cook and can cook in ANY language! She would enjoy it so.

You all have been very very kind here and I'm going to make sure I take good notes on the cruise and when I come back I'll share them. I know, I know, it's just Nassau, but it's a happy place too!

I'll take this opportunity to thank you all for being such good sports and such happy, congenial, intelligent, informed and very happy cruisers...whether your cruise was yesterday, tomorrow, next week, next month or 2 years from now! =friends