Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

2 port questions

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by evolrider, Jan 9, 2004.

1. evolrider

evolrider Guest

Has anybody done either of these shore excursions? And what did you think?

San Juan- El Yunque Rain Forest Drive
    St. Johns Antigua Kayak and Snorkel (Cades Reef)

Any advice on these or other excursions at the following ports would be GREATLY appreciated.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
    St. John's, Antigua
    St. Thomas,

2. Arktraveler

Arktraveler Guest

I did the San Juan,-El Yunqye Rain Forest Drive and i was not impressed at all.

3. chuckg0413

chuckg0413 Guest

I liked the rain forest, having never been in one before, I thought it was interesting. If you like to hike around in the woods, you will like the rain forest.

4. kruznut

kruznut Guest

We did El Yunque rain forest and we enjoyed it. I think whether or not you enjoy will depend largely upon the kind of outings you like.

5. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

We have done the rainforest many times and enjoy the hike. Hire someone from the pier to take you it is a lot cheaper. Have Fun!!!!!

6. edk77

edk77 Guest

Rain forest tour was great. We booked in San Juan (not through the cruise line) and went on a local tour. Our guide was excellent, and there were a couple of short hikes. One word of caution: It's a rain forest for good reason so bring an umbrella or poncho to keep dry, especially if you're packing expensive camera equipment.