Just a quick update I visited late with Mike, came home did his laundry, tried to make order out of my house etc. I went into the hospital this morning and visited with Mike and brought a lunch up to his room and we enjoyed having a meal together. The swelling in his legs has gotten really bad. So I asked about it. They gave him a lasix pill which did nothing. So I insisted that his doctor be called. A house doctor came in since his doctor had already checked him this morning and left the hospital, and he ordered with approval of Mike's doctor a pretty hefty dose of Lasix by injection. Mike will now get that 2 times a day until the swelling is under control. I left for a little while and went back tonight. The injection of lasix was working. His cardiologist is pleased with his progress. They feel the swelling was from all of the IV fluids they gave him to help jump start the repair of the kidneys and liver issues....but now he is full of fluid.....so we go the other way. Mike looked uncomfortable but was not complaining....he is just taking it in stride wanting to be well again. His cardiologist will see him again tomorrow. He is able to walk to the bathroom now, and they brought in a big lounge chair which he sits in most of the day. Tonight we watched the flight for life hellicopter come and go several times. Amazing how that lands on the roof and Mike has a good view. We still have no answers about the clotting problems. What his nurse tonight told me is that tall lanky men have problems with lungs, and blood clotting.....and a nurse at the other hospital told me the same thing.....but the hematologists have got to figure out what is a safe dose of coumadin for him yet. That is about it. He is ordered out of work for several months. It is going to be a long recovery for him. The doctor will be sending the case supervisor in tomorrow to start the paperwork for his disability. We want to get that done before he leaves the hospital so that I can ensure that the doctor has signed off on it etc.... It was at his suggestion that we take this route not knowing how long Mike will be disabled. So much depends on how much damage has been done to the heart and lungs. We won't know that until those blood clots are gone from the lungs, and until he has another heart scan which won't be done right now...his body needs to recover first..And they don't want to push any more clots..... Mike knows he is lucky to be alive. Some of these clots in his lungs are quite large, and they went right through his heart. The coumadin has been reintroduced and now we watch and wait. He will be in the hospital for at least another 5 days which is fine with me. I am very nervous about him coming home until he is much more stable than he is right now. And Mike agrees 100 percent. He is bored of course so I have given some of his buddies the OK to visit a little......but I have warned them all if they are sick they are to stay away from him! Now I need some zzzzzz's. I go back to work tomorrow and then will visit at night. So I'll report in later in the evening. Thanks to all of you for your support!