Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

$325 In Onboard Savings!

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by CathyP, May 3, 2009.

1. CathyP

CathyP Guest

Cruise.com princess cruise Mexico sailings booked in May is offering a coupon book worth $325 per cabin - anyone know what sort of savings???

2. Conniemc

Conniemc Guest

Warning - while Cruise.com usually meets or beats the direct booking price, for some reason, the direct book price with Princess is close to $500 pp LESS than Cruise.com, even with their "specials".

I say this because I have spent an inordinant amount of time staring at sailings and prices the last few weeks and have many years experience using Cruise.com as my "price point guide" to choose a sailing, and then book direct with the line. Check that same sailing with princess.com and make sure it comes in higher before falling for a "coupon book".

I know for a fact you can save a tiny bit on Cruise.com with the other lines, but not enough for me to give up booking direct. I don't like the middle man. I may make an exception though, as the HAL sailing I booked a few hours ago is about $600 less on cruise.com. That's enough for me to cancel and rebook IF I choose HAL.

Princess is coming is an the "price leader", at nearly a full $1K less than the other sailings. And I managed to get "fixed" early seating and a great cabin. Soooo many variables, so little time left to decide, but I digress. Anyways, always check with direct booking price before giving cruise.com your deposit.

3. bOB

bOB Guest

Unless you are the queen of shoppers you will use one tenth of the coupons in the book at best

4. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

We had one of those books on one of our recent cruises. We used almost none of it. bOB is being too kind.....

5. bOB

bOB Guest

Well I never let the two for one drink coupons slip by ................................

6. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:grin that reminds me a a coupon we *DO* use..the 2 for 1 for the Scoop shoppe..=bite.. but yeah most of them are a waste!!..:)..Joanne

7. Conniemc

Conniemc Guest

HUH HUH???
    TWO FOR ONE ICE CREAM!!! I'M THERE!!!
    :D

Wait a minute...they CHARGE for ice cream??
    =lolgang

8. Corky

Corky Guest

Yes, just to throw my =twocents in, the coupon books that the cruise lines give out, are pretty useless. You may use one or two, but that is it. What a waste of paper, and trees, they are, too.

9. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Princess has free home-made ice cream sundaes IN the Horizon Court every day between 3:30 and 4:30 PM.and it is incredible...Hmm Hmmm HMM...

free ice cream in the Dining Room lunch ,and PM Meal..see the dessert menu!!..:thumb..extra yummo too!!

the SCOOP Shoppe Ice cream parlor on deck near the pools..they charge for that one.....we *ONLY* do one for 2 for 1.with a coupon..otherwise we get the freebies...:grin.....:chef..:)..Joanne

10. Conniemc

Conniemc Guest

Your're so funny Joanne...between 3:30-4:30p (as they know) it woud spoil my diinner and besides, I'm napping in my cabin with my face mask on in preparation of happy hour...and I never waste my appetite on plain old ice cream for dessert at dinner.

I think the one time I tried Scoops was for an chocolate milk shake (which I adore) and it was pretty bad...LOL...didn't go back.

Cie la vie, far more important things to find on the ship, like hot officers....X(

11. Would anyone have the 2 for 1 coffee coupon? I'd also like the dvd and photo coupons, if you have them. I will be on the Golden Princess this July 18.