Bringing beer on Carnival ships

Y

yvonne

I dont know if this helps I just went on the Carnival Victory in Feb. and am also going In April, but we put all our liquor in our suitcases. We did meet people who put a case of beer in a suitcase with some towels. This time were gonna bring a blender to make frozen drinks!! We like to make drinks while we get dressed and late night.. bye

R

rodeogirl

We were on Conquest for Thanksgiving. We packed liquor in our checked baggage with out a problem. We also tool 2 cases of beer. Emptied a few diet coke packages and replaced the coke with Bud Lite. Worked great. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

F

frito

Now please don't get me wrong. I rarely drink beer so I really don't know how much it costs, but wouldn't you have to bring an awful lot of beer aboard to make it worth while, considering the extra trouble, etc? After all, even if you do bring it aboard, you still have to buy it some where. If you save $10.00 per case, it seems to me like it would be worth that much to not have to contend with it.

B

bikevegas

I don't know frito. Beer I believe on my last cruise was $2.75 per bottle plus tip. That rounds out to about $18 per six pack, by my calculations you would save about $12 or$13 a six-pack.......It costs to drink on the ship thats for sure! :AL:USA

D

Daniel

I just got off the Legend this week and didn't have a problem bringing on booze in my luggage. I brought onboard 2 bottles of wine and 3 -12oz plastic bottles of vodka. I think they are somewhat flexible if you don't go crazy and try and bring too much in with you. A can of Bud on the ship was $3.78 including the tax and tip. The wine was a little more costly at roughly $6.00 per glass.

Have a great time.

Dan from Toronto

R

robby

u also can bring it on from the ports of call many times....just putting it in a bag or carrying case of somekind and running it thru scanner and just carrying right back to room....on our Pride Cruise recently we brought some back onboard from both key west as well as progresso....that was u at least have less to pack with u if ur bringing it onboard upon first sailing out.....robbyxoxo

B

becki

I just came back from the Fascination last week and my friend and I brought 3 bottles of wine in our carryon (you are allowed to bring wine and champaigne onboard) and we also brought a plethera of little bottles of liquor in our checked luggage and it worked out fine. One word of warning - they saw my bottles of wine as they scanned my bag and searched it to make sure it was wine and not liquor.

Another thing to keep in mind is that people tend to be soooo generous onboard. My friend and I feel like we met the entire ship and it felt like everyone was buying us drinks. In turn we bought a few drinks for people too. When bringing liquor onboard keep in mind that you can have all the free lemonade, ice tea, coffee, and apple juice that you want. And pretty much any alcohol will mix fine with those selections. My favorite was chambord and ice tea.

F

frito

At approx. $18.00 per a 6-pack, I can understand why someone would want to bring their own. As I said I rarely drink a beer and really didn't know how much it could run into in a weeks time.

M

marie hamerin

They have the right to refuse to allow you to bring liquor on board. This is how they make money after charging you only $400-$700 per person for a cruise. Their brochure even states that you cannot bring liquor on board. Good Luck

E

EAC

How did you keep the beer cold? Did you use room service glasses? Can I sneak in olives (prohibited at food on the airlines) for my martini?

L

LindaP

WE purchaed a collapable cooler and kept the beer in the cooler, the room steward would refill with new ice every day and don't worry about walking around the ship with yourbeer in a can..thats the way they sell it at the bars so no one will know

D

Daniel

On the Legend I asked the room steward to unlock the bar fridge and clear out the items I wasn't interested in purchasing to make room for my mix. She gladly did this for me.

Carnival certainly has the right to take your booze away if caught, however, I personally believe that if you do things in moderation there shouldn't be a problem. I brought aboard 2 bottles of wine and 3 - 12oz plastic bottles of vodka.

For the people who felt that this takes away from Carnival's earnings, trust me they make it up elsewhere. Yes I brought those bottles aboard but I also dropped $500.00 US on beer at the local bars. Many of the bar staff rely on tips to supplement their very small salary and I wouldn't want to see their income completely disolve to nothing due to the fact everyone was mixing drinks in their cabins.

Also, where can I book for $400.00. Please sign me up!!!!

Again, I think Carnival will put their foot down with people trying to carry cases of booze or beer aboard. Bringing a bottle or two with you to consume in your own cabin isn't a very big deal at all.

Happy crusin'

Dan from TorontoLindaP wrote:

> WE purchaed a collapable cooler and kept the beer in the
> cooler, the room steward would refill with new ice every day
> and don't worry about walking around the ship with yourbeer in
> a can..thats the way they sell it at the bars so no one will
> know

D

Daniel

Opps...Linda's part shouldn't have been added to the bottom of my message....I hit the wrong button!

Dan from TO

H

Hollyc23

I took an half gallon of bourbon (plastic) aboard the Carnival Inspiration last February with no problems. However, I later figured out that it didn't help out much as soft drinks were $3.00 a pop onboard and I forgot to bring any with me!!!!! I will definitely plan better in September on the Conquest. :) All it really boils down to, is the fact that I can have a drink in my room while I get ready in the evenings without the hassle.

S

scuba06x

No beer or hard liquor allowed. Wine or champagne is allowed on intial embarkation.
This is what I have gathered off the review sites for Carnival.

J

jedgar

Below is Carnival' new policy effective Feb. 2003. This was copied and pasted from Carnival's site. It most likely will not be enforced until all of their welcome aboard booklets and other documents are reprinted. Make special not of first paragraph.

What are your alcohol and consumption policies?
Guests are prohibited from bringing beverages of any kind (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) on board the ship for consumption. This includes: sodas, juices and bottled water.

However, we will make the following exception: If guests are celebrating a special occassion on board, they may bring ONE sealed bottle of wine or champagne per cabin. If the wine and/or champagne are brought to the Dining Room for consumption, a $10.00 corkage fee will be charged to the guest. Otherwise, the guest may drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their cabin only. It may not be brought into any public lounge or room.

Alcohol purchased in a port-of-call: Alcoholic beverages purchased in any port-of-call will be appropriated at the gangway and stored onboard until the last night of the cruise, upon which it will be delivered to the guest’s cabin.

Alcohol purchased in ship gift shops: Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will also be stored onboard and delivered to the guest's cabin on the last night of the cruise.

Consumption of alcohol on board: The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages while on board is 21 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop Staff are in question that the guest is under 21, they shall request picture identification prior to serving said guest.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.

K

kodiac

I have receive my docs, and do not see that new "policy". If I do not receive an updated version of the new "policy" by the time I sail, then those rules do not apply to me. :)