Carnival Sensation 12/13/04

P

PaulaJ

Thanks for all the great advice! I will be a first time cruiser and will need it. My husband and I will be taking our four children on this cruise...girl age 18, girl age 15, boy age 14 and girl age 9. Hoping to chat with other families with children who may be going as well. I do have a couple of questions...

Does Sensation have a film developing lab and what is the quality if they do?

If Carnival puts my children in a room far from mine (different deck) is there a chance of changing this or switching when I board?

Does the 200 per person for the S&S card also apply to children? Should I expect to have $1200 available for that?

Will there be Christmas related activities/decorations?

I'm sure there will be more but that's it for now.

Thanks!

D

Dream Vacation

We just returned from the Sensation (2/16 - 2/21) - our first cruise. They'll put $10 per person, per day on your S&S card. This includes children. Our five-day cruise for two people cost us $50 each, plus we left a tip for our room steward and maitre'd in cash at the end of the week. Was well worth it - the service was great.

They do have a film developing lab, and it's pretty reasonable. Around $9 for overnight developing. I think that was for double prints, but I'm not sure. We didn't use it; just saw the signs. Be prepared to spend some money for the photos they take of your family, though. There's absolutely no obligation to purchase, but when you walk through the photo gallery the next day and see your happy family, you'll want to dish out the $19.99 for the 8x10's.

My husband and I (late 30s) cruised alone, because our teenage daughters were both on school trips, but we are talking about taking them on a cruise next winter. All week long, we kept saying, "The girls would love this!"

Hope this helped a little. You're going to have a great time!

C

cherbeth

Hi We sailed the Sensation twice. Loved it both times. Its a great ship and you will just love it.

Have fun cruising Cheryl