What does open seating for dinner mean?

H

Hebert

Just got my docs and they say open seating for dinner. Does this mean I can choose any time I want, or do I have to make arrangements once onboard?

B

Belizemama

I have never heard of open seating in the regular dining rooms except for breakfast and lunch. That's a new one for me. Which ship??

Post Edited (06-03-04 00:43)

C

coffeecups

Is that on carnival? I too have never heard of open seating for dinner.

coffeecus

F

Freddies Food Slave

I recieved my docs about a week ago and I'm pretty sure that our dinner seating is not even printed on the docs. Is it supposed to be?

J

jleq1

Freddie--you'll find out what "seating" you have when you get your sign & sail card. It will be printed there. If you have any problems, the "Capers" in the cabin when you embark will tell what you need to do.,

Post Edited (06-03-04 02:13)

H

Hebert

I just put in a call to my TA. She is out for a meeting and I left a message with her voice mail. Will let you know what it means as soon as I can. By the way, the ship is the conquest.

C

coffeecups

If it is the Conquest, then the open seating is at breakfast and lunch only. I know because I am going on the conquest soon and have been told by my ta yesterday about the seating.

still getting excited after the docs dance

coffeecups

B

Belizemama

We were just on the Conquest, and I know for sure that there is no open seating for dinner...only breakfast and lunch.

T

TomD

We will be on the Conquest 6/27. Somewhere on our docs it stated the early dinner time. I didn't notice "open seating". Is there ever open seating?

H

Hebert

Thanks a million you guys. My TA said "Oh yes you do have open seating. You can go in any time you want." I then told her about this site and what you guys said. She then put in a request for early seating. I'm so excited, I don't think that I'll let a little thing like dinnertime bother me.Hey, If I'm at late seating, I'll just have a pizza appetizer!
10 days left!!!!!

S

Sharkin

"Oh yes, you can go in any time you want".
Don't you just love a professional who really knows their business? I would rather screw it up myself than help pay this type of service persons salary.

B

Belizemama

Sounds like you need a new travel agent. One who bothers to make sure of what she or he tells the customer. This one obviously doesn't know or care to find out the facts. Definitely NO open dinner seating on Conquest.

L

LUV2Cruz2

I've never heard of open seating for dinner on ANY ship on ANY line.

Maybe it meant that the pax would have to go to the dining room after boarding to see the Maitre di and get a table assignment?

J

jleq1

NCL's "Freestyle" is open, and Princess' "Personal Choice" has that option

Post Edited (06-03-04 21:07)

R

RetiredLDO

They have specific dining rooms that are for freestyle and personal choice dining

Pete

L

LUV2Cruz2

That's cool. So they don't have any main dining rooms with assigned seating?
I think I'd like that sometime.

P

PokrChick

On Star Princess, they have 3 dining rooms. One is dedicated to traditional dining while the other two are personal choice. You go when you want, request the size table you want, and you're seated. Sometimes you might have to wait for your request (ie- table for two) but we only had to wait once and for about 10 minutes. If you have to wait, they give you one of those pagers like they have at Outback and TGI Fridays. We barely got drinks in hand when the pager went off. I really like the concept because we seemed to eat all different times once given the choice. No need to rush for early seating or snack before late seating.