Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami Port

K

KidsRN

How far is it from Fort Lauderdale Airport to the Port of Miami. I am booked on the Imagination but didn't book air thru Carnival. What is the best way to do this?? Or did I mess up?? I was on skyauction again....I just can't help myself. I'm addicted.

U

urkler3

It really depends on how many of you there are. There were 4 of us. We rented a car from Thrifty - they picked us up at the airport, and took us to their lot. We returned the car the next day to the Miami airport, and they in turn took us down to the port. The rental for a full size for the day, with taxes, etc, was $32.00 total. When we returned, we wanted to just go straight to the FL airport, so we took a cab. The total fair was $58 + tip. The car for the return would have been $45.00. Our friends (party of a 4) took the Carnival bus back to the airport and paid $15 each. Hope this helps...

C

cruisinaz

We flew into FLL and stayed the night at the airport Marriott Courtyard - comp transportation to and from that airport. So the next morning we took the hotel shuttle back to the airport and then took the Carnival bus to the pier.

I had wanted to rent a car and drive around a bit but didn't want to pay for the car and the shuttle.... once we got to the pier we saw all sorts of car rental buses dropping people off. Therefore you could rent a car then drop it at the pier - Florida doesn't have drop charges so it can be cheaper than the shuttle depending on the number of people in your party. I remember for sure Dollar and Thrifty vans - try them.

S

serene56

Yep, it would depend on how many are with you. I always fly into FLL because its a lot cheaper. Last cruise we saved over 100pp and that was after we even rented a limo. But there were 6 adults traveling with me. We rented a stretch limo at the cost of 33.00pp round trip.

You can do with the previous poster stated...go to biddingfortravel.com get a hotel at the airport at FLL then next morning take the cruise lines shuttle to the port. Its about 45 minute drive.