Best to worst Carnival ships

J

jester95008

in order from they best to worst of the ones I went on. This is based on overall style , entertainment, friendliness , and overall joy of being aboard.

Starting with the worst :

Elation
Ecstasy
Fantasy
Jubilee
and the number 1 ship I was on ----

Carnival Destiny

M

mlzangel78

ive only been on one does that count?

Upcoming Triumph (will hopefull y be better than)...
Fantasy

Hey cant complain 3 cruises this year isnt so bad no matter what ship your on right?

F

FLBRATT

Let's see
Best to worst

I have been on 2 so far but have two more to goon before the year ends

Sensation
Jubilee

But I think the Miracle will by pass all of my cruises by a mile....I hope!

H

Helen233

How did some of you get so lucky to be able to go on more than one cruise this year???????????????????

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MortgageChick

Legend
Destiny
Paradise

Helen strict budgeting at our house! Last year we did 4 cruises, this year we are cutting back to 2. Typically it is one of the most important expenditures we make. Totally addicted! Will give up many things for the chance to cruise.

Oceanbreeze -October 1995-5 night W. Caribbean
Destiny -May 1999-7 night Eastern Caribbean
NCL Majesty- August 2000 -7 night Bermuda
NCL Sun-November 2001-13 night Repo Boston to MIA
Paradise-May 2002- 10 nights S Caribbean
Carnival Legend-Sept 2002-15 night Transatlantic Crossing
Royal Olympia Voyager-Feb 2003-15 night Amazon River
Rotterdam- June 2003-7 night Canada-New England
Enchantment of the Seas-Sept 1 2003-5 nights Cozumel and Belize
Costa Mediterranea- December 14 2003 Western Caribbean NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Oosterdam-March 14th 2004- 7 nights Eastern Caribbean
Westerdam Nov 12 2004- 17 nights Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale
Mercury Feb 7 2005- 11 nights Mexican Riviera

K

kdlisa1469

Hey mortgagechick,
Why was your Costa cruise, "never again!!!". Just curious.

S

Seawitch

On the Carnival ships I have been on here is my opinion from the best to least favorite:

Pride
Triumph
Inspiration
Destiny
Fantasy

M

Mbandy

A lot of times it depends on how recently the ship was in dry dock. Camelia says Sensation was the worst one she was on but it was my best Carnival ship, out of dry dock in Dec 03. We were on the Navigator O/S in November parked next to the Holiday in Cozumel. What a contrast!! The Holiday actually had rust streaks running down her side. Holiday was in dry dock in 5 weeks after we saw her in Cozumel and now the paint is gleaming and the ship is in good shape.

My Carnival best to worst:

Sensation
Elation
Ecstacy
Fascination
Celebration

Happy Cruising,

L

Lisa

I've been on two Carnival cruises (out of 9 total so far) but of those two here is my preference (better to worse):

Legend
Fantasy

And the Legend ranks about 7th total in my total list.

C

Cruzman

Paradise (best)
Pride
Ecstasy
Inspiration

I might add that even though the Inspiration is at the bottom of the list, cruising on her was still great. The others were just a little better.

P

parm

I've only been on the Pride, but it was fantastic. Hoping the new Valor will exceed my expectations.........

1stimecrzr333

Mbandy,
Why did you put Fascination down so low? We;re going on that for the first time this fall.
Joanne
Celebrity Zenith 10/2003
Fall 2004: Fascination

F

FLBRATT

Hmmm I hope I have fun on the Fantasy. But the way I am I will have fun on any ship=funsign

L

LHP

I will list current ships and recent cruises... since the Mardi Gras, Carnivale, Festivale and Tropicale are no longer "with us".

Since 1998... Best to "just less than best" since I have never had a "worse" cruise!
Paradise (no smoking)
Holiday ( twice - small ship, close staff and lots of fun)
Jubilee (again small ship )\
Celebration (what can I say...I like small ships)
Fantasy ( lots of fun and a good size ship)
Fascination
Inspiration
Conquest (a nice ship - but to big and to smoky for me)

We did the Conquest, Fantasy and the Holiday twice all in 2003. Of course the Conquet was pretty new at that time. The Holiday had not gone in for its refurb yet, but it was still fine with me....because all the cabins had already been redone.

Just got off the Paradise and it is definately my all time favorite. Size, beauty and of course ...non smoking.

Going on the Sensation in November for Thanksgiving.....

K

Kim1319

LHP, I'll be on the Sensation 2 weeks before you! We'll be going on November 11th!!

Here's my Best to "Worst" choices.

Triumph
Victory
Imagination
Ecstacy
Fantasy

Now, I choose Fantasy to be the last on the list ONLY because it was my first cruise. And I was only 12 years old. Just my Dad, my sister and I. And we didn't really know what to do or what to expect. Same with Ecstasy, it was still new to us as it was our 2nd cruise, and that was only a 3 day cruise. From bottom to top that is the order of the cruises I've been on. And as you can see, they just get better and better every time! (at least for me they did) Although, I will be going on the Sensation in November I suspect that I would maybe be rating that after the Imagination so we'll see in less than 4 months!!!!