Century in Dry Dock

J

JulieStein

Does anyone know when this will be happening, and for how long?? Thanks

Julie Stein

P

pammie

I heard that the Century will be in dry dock some time the beginning of December. Don't know for how long but cruise lines do dry dock there ships from time to time for rutein maintance.

Pammie

P

pbk917

This caused quite a big response when I posed this question on another message board. I read about this rumor here a few weeks ago. According to the responses I received, there is no truth to this rumor. The Century is not scheduled for dry dock until 2005.

M

Madame Sharon

I have a close friend working as an entertainer on the Century. He is under contract until the end of February, so I know the ship won't be in dry dock prior to then.

M

mjoice

Century is in need of serious repair. Don't be surprised if it goes into dry dock soon.

P

pbk917

mjoice:

Your statement is in great contradiction to everything I have been hearing. Can you please tell us what you know?

M

Mary El

pbk917: I was on the Century, back to back cruise, in September of this year. The ship was in great shape, however on our way to Bahamas they had trouble with one of the engines which made us late in arriving. I have no idea what mjoice means by saying "Century is in need of serious repair".

R

rich

You must be referring to the GALAXY for it will be going into drydock for approx 1 week in December.

P

paulfredo

We got off of Century on Nov. 1, 2003, and after a wonderful week, we saw NO EVIDENCE that Century "is in need of serious repair" and in fact, we thought the ship was in great shape.

paul

J

JulieStein

Thanks for all the info. We were just confused because we read the Century was going to dry dock to be refurbushed and "stretched", but the schedule didn't show any gaps.

Now all we have to do is book and pay!! Have a great day everyone.

Julie